Chapter 11

*Secret Research Facility 

*Evan/My POV

"I remember coming across this term some earlier reports from the Iron Blood and Royal Navy. Bismarck's aide, Friedrich der Grosse, seems to have taken this classification for herself." Kirov recalled 

"Friedrich? We have practically no information on her other than what you just said..." I replied. 

"Immediately after our campaign to suppress Bismarck, a mysterious new leader took command from the shadows and stabilized the situation in the Iron Blood. It is believed that the Royal Navy also started pursuing this technology as a countermeasure." Kirov noted before turning to me. 

"I've been thinking about this, Comrade. What kind of existence is a blueprint ship supposed to be?" Kirov asked me. 

"To be honest, I don't know." I replied 

"We have always thought that a ship's foundational hull is inseparable from its history. In essence, this history is supposed to be a sum of humanity's perceptions and notions about the ship. A hull is widely considered a prerequisite to a ship's construction, even for mass-produced ships. By extension, a history is a prerequisite. All this is to say, a shipgirl's history is her proof of existence. Even if she was only dreamed up in blueprints." Kirov explained. 

"...That's an interesting point. Soyuz, Rossiya, and I all fall under this category. We were just never given forms. This is hardly a unique occurence and yet we've never been referred to as blueprint ships, whereas Freidrich has." Belorussiya agreed with Kirov. 

"Based on how rarely the term comes up, I think there are a small number of blueprint ships in existence." I pointed out. 

"Yes, and this raises another question: What makes one a blueprint ship? Is it not something determined by the Wisdom Cubes that constitute our foundational hull?" Kirov asked another question. 

"Good question." I commented. 

"Through whatever means, the Wisdom Cubes already contain the data that makes us who we are. To build a ship, you must extract this information. But what if there is not enough information within the Wisdom Cubes to give form to a ship? What would happen if you "edited" another reality into the Wisdom Cubes?" Kirov raised another question. 

"If I understanding this right, Wisdom Cubes contain the "essence" of a shipgirl, and building them is the process of giving this essence a physical form, right? In contrast, blueprint ships... Are you saying that someone is capable of inserting their own "history" into Wisdom Cubes and manifesting them...?" I asked. If that's the case, I'll never look at my PR Ships the same again, especially Gascogne. 

"Who knows? This is just a theory of mine, but if it is true, what restrictions are there on the kinds of history you are able to edit into a Wisdom Cube? And finally, what is a blueprint if not a plan for the future? Whose plan is it, and what is it they were trying to do?" Kirov replied before raising another question. 

"It seems our search has grown in scope, Comrade. We started out looking for an exit, but now we're also searching for the truth behind the Sirens, and behind our very existences. The Sirens may have a deeper connection to the Wisdom Cubes than we first realized, but let's not jump to conclusions until we've fully explored this place. These documents may not tell us all that much, but it's clear that the Sirens know much more than we do. I'm certain that what we've learned so far is only the tip of the iceberg..." Belorussiya remarked. 

"Neptune, Gascogne" I thought.