Chapter 48

*Midway Island

*Evan/My POV

as we're trying to follow the Eagle Union planes, the air raid sirens sounded, followed by an explosion.

"Another airstrike?" Ticonderoga asked in surprise.

"Evan. We're under attack again and we're under heavier fire than before!" Enterprise informed me.

"Alright. carriers! Launch fighters and establish air superiority. The rest of you Emergen-" before I could give the order to emergency sortie/scramble, Ticonderoga interrupted me.

"Wait. Now there are more eagle union planes intercepting the ones that are attacking us." Ticonderoga informed me.

"This makes no sense. Are the sirens attacking themselves?" Veneto asked.

"I'm starting to get a pretty good idea of where the siren ships are from tracking the direction and timing the planes are coming from." Ticonderoga remarked. Just then, an alarm sounded on the communicator, indicating an incoming message.

"The communicator has an incoming message." I alerted everyone.

"An incoming message? Let's hear it." Admiral Kenneth's New Jersey said and I broadcasted the incoming message.

"Dammit, there's way too many fighters escorting the target and we can't hit it with our torpedo bombers."

"Sorry. I haven't been able to score any hits on my torpedo bombers either. The enemy seems to have scrambled their air wings as well so our attack may have compromised our location."

"Don't be discouraged! We still have the initiative for the time being! Let's coordinate our attacks then! We'll break through with a frontal attack! Look alive, everyone! This is our counterattack!"

The familiar voices of Hornet, Enterprise and Yorktown broadcasted over the communicator respectively.

"Hornet, Enterprise, and Yorktown...? Why am I hearing their voices now?" Admiral Kenneth's New Jersey asked.

"Is another commander coming to help us." Enterprise asked me.

"Hornet, Enterprise and Yorktown. Who sent you here?" I asked my question into the communicator but there was nothing. "They hung up. Remind me to ask them next time." I said to the others.

*???

*Kenneth POV

"Our fighters have intercepted a group of Eagle Union aircraft. We've shot them down while sustaining minimal damage." Hiryuu's voice spoke through the makeshift communicator.

"Woah, who's a smart little Pawn." San Francisco asked in response.

"I don't understand what you just said... Anyway, I've confirmed the location of the enemy carriers. Should we attack?" hiryuu asked for confirmation through the makeshift communicator.

"Hmm... An Eagle Union Pawn, huh? ...Yeah, go ahead and continue with that.'' San Francisco thought for a moment before replying.

"Acknowledged. We'll now prioritize neutralizing the enemy carrier fleet. The ground objective squadron will be reorganized." hiryuu acknowledged.

"What are you doing?" Archerfish asked San Francisco.

"I was bored so I tried butting in on the conversation.'' San Francisco replied.

"Wait seriously. Let me give it a try next time." Archerfish tried to join in as well and San Francisco agreed. Just then, the door to the room we're trapped in started unlocking by itself.

"Everyone. The door is unlocking by itself." I alerted my shipgirls. When the door finally opened, someone was standing at the doorway.

"Who the heck are you?" San Francisco asked the mysterious stranger. The mysterious stranger looked around the room before locking her eyes on mine.

"Long time no see Commander or should I say Kenneth." the mysterious stranger said as she looked at me. Her appearance and demeanor remind me of...