Chapter 43

*Midway Island

*Evan/My POV

"Excuse me. Is Fleet admiral Evan with you?" The girl with blue hair asked.

"That's me. You are?" I asked in response. The girl giggled and closed her eyes and looked down. Then, huge battleship guns appeared behind her followed by holographic screens showing graphs, radars and other statistics, startling us, except for Ticonderoga and Enterprise for some reason in the process.

"What are these guns?" I heard Maestrale ask. I Looked at the guns and instantly recognized them.

"Those guns! Who are you really?" I demanded.

"The indomitable Black Dragon of the Eagle Union is none other than me, New Jersey! You're about to witness true power!" The girl introduced herself as random flashes appeared out of nowhere and her guns shone in the sun. After the flashy introduction, she sneezed.

"You alright there New Jersey?" Ticonderoga asked as the rest of us except for Enterprise tried to process this information.

"Yeah. Felt someone mistook me for Helena." New Jersey replied before turning back to me. "Hope ya don't mind the flashy introduction." New Jersey giggled.

"I don't mind." I replied after returning back to the present.

"Just a little too flashy." Vauquelin commented.

"Why are you here? I thought this island was deserted." Enterprise asked.

"My commander, Kenneth Halsey sent me here to protect this island until he arrives and wait for you guys to come once he learnt that something strange is happening here." New Jersey replied.

"Admiral Kenneth is coming?" I asked.

"Mhmm." New Jersey nodded her head. "Follow me. an outpost has been set up for both of you." New Jersey beckoned us to follow her and we did.

"This commanding officer of yours really knows what you're up to lately." Veneto commented.

"Then again, he knows our base is the closest to Midway Island so he most likely expected me to activate you girls to come and investigate." I remarked.

"That's true." Enterprise agreed with me.

"Either way, it's good to have allies coming to our aid." Aquila agreed with me.

We reached the airfield where we saw the aircraft launched from my carriers parked to one side. three buildings stood nearby and we went to one of them

"And we are here." New Jersey announced as we arrived in front of the building