Chapter 39

*Evan's/My Azur Lane Base

*Evan/My POV

While I was sitting in my office thinking about names to give to my future children, someone walked into my office.

"You must be the commander of this base." Someone wearing an outfit strikingly similar to the Essex class remarked.

"Yes I am. You are?" I asked. Judging from her outfit, she must be one of Essex's sisters.

"I'm Ticonderoga, the newest arrival at your port. Hmm, you look just as friendly as they said you'd be~ Thank goodness. So, how about a hug to start us off on the right foot? Hehe~." Ticonderoga giggled before giving me a death hug.

"Need....air......" I gasped for air.

"Oh sorry." Ticonderoga apologized before letting me go.

"Thank you." I thanked Ticonderoga as I struggled to catch my breath.

"Looks like I went a little too far." Ticonderoga said while giggling. Just then, Veneto and Aquila barged into my office.

"My Commander, there's something going on at Midway." Aquila informed me.

"What's going on there?" I asked.

"There's this aura surrounding the atoll." Veneto replied.

"I think it's best if you see it for yourself, my commander." Aquila said before grabbing my hand and dragging me out of my office.

"Guess I'll tag along as well." I heard Ticonderoga say that as I got dragged out by Aquila.

we reached the docks where we can see Midway island being surrounded by what looks like a faint forcefield.

"We were returning back from our patrol when we spotted this." Veneto informed me.

"I've got a feeling the sirens are somewhat involved in this." Ticonderoga commented.

"What should we do my Commander?" Aquila asked me.

"I will report this to high command. All of you stay away from Midway for now." I replied.

"Yes/Si." Ticonderoga, Aquila and Veneto replied in Unison.

*Timeskip

That night, Enterprise, Illustrious and I were sitting down at the Giant Gold Anchor Fountain discussing about my plans of going to Midway

You're going to Midway?" Enterprise asked me.

"Yes." I replied.

"Are you sure? This could be a trap setup by Roon." Illustrious commented.

"That's Why I'm not going there alone. Besides, I don't think Roon has the power to do something like this." I replied.

"If you're going to Midway, at least bring us with you." Enterprise said.

"That way, if that brute shows up, we can protect you and maybe you can activate your unification of three technique." Illustrious suggested.

"Alright alright." I agreed to bring Enterprise and Illustrious along after much consideration.

"wait. Don't you need the Imperial Dragon Sword to do our Unification of Three Technique." Enterprise spoke out. I paused once I heard that.

"I almost forgot about that. Evan-sama. Where is your Imperial Dragon Sword?" illustrious asked me.

"Collecting dust in the storeroom." I replied.

"search for it. you need it." Illustrious advised me.

"Yes. Unless you found your Imperial Dragon Sword, you're not allowed to leave the base. Illustrious, ensure that Evan doesn't leave the base without his Imperial Dragon Sword." Enterprise said before instructing Illustrious.

"Will do." Illustrious agreed.

"Great." I thought.

"It's getting late now. We Should head back." Illustrious remarked and the three of us stood up and left the fountain