Chapter 55

*Evan/My Azur Lane Base

*Evan/My POV

A few days have passed since Vestal gave me the triangular dressing for my left arm. I was sitting in my office as shipgirls said their goodbyes to me before leaving for their commissions.

"Wish I was coming along with one of the fleets but oh well." I said as I put my head on the table to try and kill some time since there's no paperwork. I could sleep but I can't as I might miss out on important news from my shipgirls going on out on their missions. As I was thinking of what to do, I saw a standard red deck of bicycle playing cards lying on my desk. I grabbed it and thought of how to open it with only one hand. Whilst I'm in the middle of my thoughts, a transmission came in.

"Evan. The cargo fleet we're escorting is under attack." Cleveland's voice came through the transmitter.

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"We spotted a siren fleet closing in on our location." Cleveland added in.

"Engage them! Work with the 765 girls to destroy them!" i instructed.

"Roger!" Cleveland acknowledged before hanging up. Not trusting that they can handle the siren fleet on their own, I put aside the standard red deck of bicycle playing cards and started dialing some numbers on the communicator.

"This is Evan. It's an emergency. We need to move up the plan, prepare to scramble immediately." I spoke into the communicator.

"Roger!" a few unfamiliar voices acknowledged before I hung up.

*Cleveland's Cargo Fleet

*Third person POV

"So these are siren ships." Chihaya said as she observed the approaching siren ships

"Don't get distracted Chihaya! We need to eliminate them before they destroy these cargo ships! Commander's orders!" Iori said before firing her main guns at the siren ships.

"Oh right." Chihaya replied before launching aircraft to attack the siren ships.

"Be careful you two!" Cleveland warned the 765 idols to watch out as they're still new to this kind of thing.

"Hai!" Chihaya and Iori acknowledged as they continued engaging the siren ships with Cleveland.

*Evan/My Azur Lane Base

Meanwhile, Evan was sitting in his office awaiting updates from the unknown individuals.

*timeskip

*Cleveland's Cargo Fleet

As Cleveland and the 765 idols were engaging the siren fleet, a siren shell went straight for Chihaya. Chihaya barely had any time to dodge when Cleveland jumped in front of her and took the shell for her.

"Gaaahh!" Cleveland exclaimed in pain as the shell hit her. Chihaya and Iori stopped what they were doing and looked at Cleveland in horror as she struggled to stand up.

*Evan/My Azur Lane Base

Evan closed his eyes and prayed for Cleveland's Fleet safety when he received a transmission.

"Le Capitaine!" a child-like voice came through the communicator. Upon hearing that, Evan opened his eyes. "Sorry to keep you waiting! I'm ready to go at any time!" the childlike voice added in.

"Alright! scramble immediately!" Evan got up and instructed.

*Cleveland's Cargo Fleet

As Cleveland and the 765 idols prepare to face what they thought is their end, a salvo came out of nowhere and damaged some of the siren ships.

"What the?" Cleveland asked as four shipgirls appeared and helped to fend off the siren ships