Chapter 31

*Evan's/My Azur Lane Base

*Third Person POV

In the middle of the afternoon, Maestrale went to the kitchen and saw Dunkerque preparing some sort of cake.

"Dunkerque? Why are you preparing a cake?" Maestrale asked over the counter.

"This cake is for Le Capitaine's birthday." Dunkerque replied. Upon hearing this, Maestrale panicked.

"Evan's birthday is coming? When is it?" Maestrale asked.

"In a few days time. On 7th July." Dunkerque replied.

"Thank you Dunkerque." Maestrale thanked Dunkerque before running away.

"Evan's birthday is coming. I must get something for him." Maestrale thought as she ran, unaware of a certain Royal Navy Aircraft Carrier following her.

"New Destroyer." Ark Royal said as she continued following Maestrale. Maestrale eventually got tired and stopped running.

"Why am I running? I still have a few more days until Evan's birthday." Maestrale huffed before walking. As she was walking, Ark Royal appeared, blocking her way.

"New destroyer. What's the hurry?" Ark Royal asked.

"Gah!" Maestrale became startled and fell to the ground.

"You're hurt. Do you want me to help you?" Ark Royal asked with a rape face.

"Keep your distance from me!" Maestrale tried to shoo Ark Royal away but that only made things worse.

"That's not a way to treat your superiors." Ark Royal slapped Maestrale to the ground.

"Kyaa!" Maestrale hit the floor with a thud.

"Sorry but you leave me no other choice." Ark Royal is about to grab Maestrale when there is a flash of light, knocking Ark Royal out

"Ark Royal. Stop this." Enterprise entered the scene.

"You are." Maestrale recognized Enterprise.

"I am Enterprise, Evan's secretary." Enterprise helped Maestrale up.

"What about her?" Maestrale pointed at the unconscious Ark Royal.

"I'll deal with her." Enterprise replied and Maestrale left.

*Evan/My POV

Where have you been? Are you still busy every day? I went to Liyue Harbor recently and guess what, you and your fleet are not there anymore. Well, to think of it, I guess you feel pretty fulfilled when staying so busy. I'm the same way! I pray to the Anemo Archon, listen to the prayers of others, heal the sick, and practice my singing every day... Speaking of singing, I just learned a new special song. Although it is not my usual style, I find the melody to be particularly comforting, as if it is overflowing with warm emotions...I think you will like it too. Oh yes, I sent you some dandelion seeds with the letter. I hope you can come listen to my new song when you are free. Hehe, that would be my birthday wish.

I read the letter and wrote my reply on the letter.

Happy Birthday Barbara. In a few days time, it will be my birthday so I have to leave Liyue Harbor. Perhaps next time when you go to Liyue, maybe I'll listen.