Chapter 45

*Midway Island

*Evan/My POV

After a long day of fortifying the island's defenses, I went straight back to my office to get some rest. Shortly after I laid down on the bed in my office, there was a knock on my door. I got up and opened it to see Aquila, Ticonderoga and Veneto.

"My commander. Uhh." Aquila started but was interrupted by Veneto.

"I think I should do the talking." Veneto took over. "Commander. The three of us have something to tell you. Can you meet us tonight at the beach" Veneto asked me.

"You can just tell me here. Why wait until tonight at the beach?" I asked.

"It's sensitive information." Ticonderoga replied.

"Okay?" I replied.

"Yes. so please meet us tonight at the beach." Aquila said.

"Alright. Anything else?" I asked. The three shipgirls shook their heads.

"In that case, dismissed." I dismissed the three of them and went back into my office to get some rest.

*timeskip

That night, I left my office and made my way to the beach.

"What do you think those three have in store for you?" Mir asked from my shoulder.

"I don't know. Only one way to find out." I said before using my Staff of First Dawn to light my way. With the help of my Staff of First Dawn, I managed to reach the beach where I found Aquila, Veneto and Ticonderoga waiting for me.

"you're finally here, my Commander." Aquila waved at me.

"So what's all this about?" I asked, trying not to let my guard down in case these girls wanted to make love with me by force.

"Who should say it?" Aquila asked.

"I'll do it. Anyways, we're not beating around the bush anymore. We want to confess our feelings for you." Veneto said.

"Really?" I blushed and asked.

"Yes." Ticonderoga replied.

"to be honest, I do love you three as well." I replied while blushing. Upon hearing that, Ticonderoga gave me a hug.

"Aww. How sweet." Ticonderoga said as she embraced me while Aquila and Veneto giggled.

"Need... air." I gasped.

"Sorry." Ticonderoga apologized before releasing me.

"Care for a swim my commander? we brought our swimsuits with us." Aquila suggested.

"It's getting late so how about another day?" I pointed out. Aquila looked at the sea before reluctantly nodding her head.

"You're right, my commander." Aquila replied.

"Let's head back now." Veneto said and we headed back to the main outpost.

*The next day

"Mon amour! we're going to the beach. Please come and join us." Vauquelin barged into my office joined by the rest of my shipgirls.

"Maybe later." I replied.

"Come join us once you're done." Enterprise said before everyone left. After everyone left, I stretched myself and continued doing my thing before I was interrupted by sounds of explosions.

"What the." I asked before rushing out of my office. Once I'm out of my office, I looked up to see sakura empire planes bombing the island. With no hesitation, I immediately went to the beach where my shipgirls are rushing out of the water.

"Are we under attack?" Enterprise asked as she covered herself with a towel.

"Yes." I replied.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's fight back." Vauquelin said.

"Azur Lane! Emergency Scramble!" I commanded