Chapter 54

*Evan/My Azur Lane Base

*Evan/My POV

After returning to my base, I was sent to Vestal to get my left arm patched up.

"There. Until your arm heals, don't take it off" Vestal said after she finished making my arm dressing and sling.

"Okay." I replied as I got up and started to leave. Once I stepped outside with Vestal, I saw Glorious, Valiant, Lexington, Veneto, Aquila, Lady Forbin, Le Triomphant, Maestrale, not to mention, Enterprise and Illustrious as well waiting for me outside.

"How's Evan, Vestal?" Glorious went to Vestal and asked with my other shipgirls following behind her.

"The cut's serious but fortunately, it'll heal eventually." Vestal replied.

"I see. Thank you Vestal." Glorious thanked Vestal before she left.

"that was reckless of you to challenge a META ship like that Evan." Valiant gently scolded me.

"I know but if I didn't challenge Souryuu META. who knows what will happen to her." I said as I looked at Maestrale.

"Sir Evan's right. If he didn't attack Souryuu META, Maestrale could've gotten seriously injured or worst." Lady Forbin said.

"Which is why he deserves a Navy Cross." a familiar voice spoke from behind us and we turned to see Admiral Kenneth walking towards us with his Essex behind him. Upon seeing him, I stood at attention.

"At ease, Fleet Admiral Evan." Admiral Kenneth said and I stopped standing at attention. "How's your Arm Evan?" Admiral Kenneth asked me.

"The cut's pretty bad but it'll heal eventually." I replied.

"Anyway the HQ has approved of my nomination for you to the recipient of the Navy Cross for your actions." Admiral Kenneth informed me.

"Another Navy Cross?"  I asked.

"Correct." Admiral Kenneth nodded his head. "Please select a date to receive it." Admiral Kenneth advised me.

"Is it here or at the HQ?" I asked.

"Here. I'll personally come here to your base to award you the Navy Cross or should I say, another Navy Cross considering you have multiple Navy Crosses." Admiral Kenneth said before joking.

"Whatever you see fit sir." I chuckled before becoming serious. "As for the date, I'll think about it." I replied.

"I see. Contact me once you've decided on the date." Admiral Kenneth acknowledged before turning to leave. "For now take good care Evan. Jabir, Mashkur and I will work extra hard to compensate for your weakened state until your arm recovers." Admiral Kenneth said before leaving.

"Well. Looks like I'm out of action until my arm recovers." I said after Admiral Kenneth left.

"At least you still have us." Lexington said.

"That's true." I laughed.

"so what will you do now Evan?" Enterprise asked me.

"Good question." I said as I thought about what to do until my left arm recovers.