Chapter 52

*???

*Evan/My POV

Planes bombarded us from all angles as we tried to shoot them down with aircraft and AA Guns.

"Are the carrier pawns converging on us at once? None of our detection equipment is working again! Is the stealth system or whatever it is back online?" Admiral Kenneth's New Jersey asked as she tried to shoot down as many aircraft as possible

"I don't think so. Let me check." the mystery girl said before a screen appeared in front of her and she looked at it. "Hold on. It should still be disabled. This could only mean that this is her doing. If that's the case. Can you see her now?" the mystery girl said before asking.

"Who's 'her'" I asked.

"I'm starting to see something over there. Wait, it's just a single ship?!" Admiral Kenneth's new jersey exclaimed

"Yes... This is the true form of the Wisdom Cube... once it has been touched by the infinite potential of the "META" phenomenon. It is the course of nature for all Wisdom Cubes. To undergo metamorphosis, to metastasize. It is the forbidden curse that this world has sealed within them. The ones of us who fall and burn out... become Ashes." the mystery girl explained.

"Is that Souryuu? Wait, there's something different about her... Is she also one of the "META?"" Admiral Kenneth's new jersey asked and I looked through my binoculars onboard Aquila's production ship. Sure enough, the ship looked like Souryuu but there's something different about her.

"She's the one who now controls this mirror sea." the mystery girl said.

"What was that?" I put down my binoculars and asked. This is the first time I heard of a shipgirl controlling a mirror sea.

"Souryuu..." the mystery girl looked down.

"Don't worry. My commander and I are here. Not to mention, Evan and his fleet as well. We'll try to talk things out first." Admiral Kenneth's new jersey tried to cheer the mystery girl up but the mystery girl shook her head.

"We might be too late." the mystery girl replied. "That is not the same Souryuu as the one you know. After she has undergone metamorphosis, her descent into Ashes is irreversible. So don't worry about anything else... and fight for your lives." the mystery girl said before giving a pained expression.

"Evan. looks like we have no other choice." Admiral Kenneth told me. I Closed my eyes for a moment before speaking.

"Yes sir. All shipgirls, prepare to engage." I commanded after accepting the fact that we had no other choice but to fight Souryuu.

Souryuu META fired some sort of barrage that gave all shipgirls the burn debuff in addition to damaging them.

"Kill..." Souryuu META murmured as she kept firing the same barrage.

"What is that firepower?! She's tougher than even the strongest sirens we've fought.'' Admiral Kenneth's archerfish remarked before diving and going towards Souryuu META.

"Archerfish. What are you doing? It's too dangerous to go up there!" Admiral Kenneth tried to stop her.

"I know what I'm doing, commander. Trust me!" Admiral Kenneth's Archerfish assured before going behind Souryuu META and firing a barrage of torpedoes at her. This stunned Souryuu META for a moment.

"A girl like you really..." Admiral Kenneth praised his archerfish while chuckling.

"Now's my turn. I am the indomitable Black Dragon of the Eagle Union! Don't ever forget the sound of my roaring cannons! All guns, FIIIIIRE!!" Admiral Kenneth's new jersey exclaimed before firing a salvo that could potentially rival Jabir's Aether Quetzalcoatl Cannon.

"She did it!" Aquila commented as the shells hit Souryuu META. However, once the smoke cleared, Souryuu META was still standing, albeit a bit injured.

"You bastard..." Souryuu META murmured as she stood up. "THAT HURT!" Souryuu META screamed as a dark aura began to surround her.

"New Jersey. I think you've made her angry." Admiral Kenneth commented as the dark aura surrounded Souryuu META.

"Everyone watch out!" the mystery girl exclaimed as Souryuu META rushed towards us in rage