Chapter 46

*Midway Island

*Evan/My POV

After scrambling my shipgirls and Admiral Kenneth's New Jersey, I went back to my temporary office to report the attack to Admiral Kenneth.

"Midway island to Admiral Kenneth." I spoke into the communicator but all I got was static. "Midway island to Admiral Kenneth." I repeated what I just said into the communicator but still no answer.

"Dammit. I'll try again later but right now, I've got other things to do." I said before grabbing my Staff of First Dawn and leaving my temporary office

*???

*Kenneth's POV

I woke up to find myself on the bridge of a ship but it is no longer one that I recognise. Judging from the chrysanthemum patterns that I saw on the ship, I deduced that I'm on one of the sakura empire's production ships.

"Oh, Puddin', you look so delicious... I could just eat you up..."

"What kind of pranks... should I play with Albacore next... Zzz..."

two familiar voices made me turn around for me to see my shipgirls that I brought to reinforce Evan and New Jersey is sleeping.

"Oi wake up." I gently woke up my shipgirls.

"Does anyone know what happened? we were making our way towards AF atoll when suddenly we were sent to somewhere else." my archerfish said as she woke up.

"Indeed." my Helena said in response.

"Maybe we got pulled into the twilight zone. Dudududu~ dudududu~." my San Francisco suggested.

"Either way, we must hurry to AF. New Jersey and Evan could be in trouble currently." I said.

"But where are we? Are we stuck inside of a mirror sea?" my san francisco asked.

"I'm not sure." I replied.

"First things first, let's check what's wrong with our riggings." my san francisco said before trying to summon her riggings. But nothing came out.

"Huh? Why can't I summon my rigging? Helloooo? Riggerino?" my san francisco said as she kept trying to summon her riggings, but still nothing came out. "No luck... Is it just my rigging that's hiding from me?" my San Francisco asked before frowning. The others tried to summon their riggings as well but like San Francisco, nothing came out.

"I can't do it either. That's not good..." my archerfish said before frowning. My San Francisco then reached for the watertight door and tried to open it but the door won't open.

"What the heck, I can't even open this door... Are we totally trapped in here? Helena, do you see anything on the other side of the window?" my San Francisco said before asking my Helena.

"I can't see anything through the fog... Wait, what's that? It's just a faint outline, but it looks like some kind of ship..." Helena asked once she seemingly spotted something.

"Is it a Siren ship or one of our own? Does anyone have a working communicator?" my san francisco asked around.

"I usually use my rigging for that. Also didn't bring my cellphone because we're on a mission." my archerfish replied.

"The commander wouldn't bring one either, so we're going to have to find some way out of here first... Something like a crowbar... or a stick of dynamite..." my san francisco remarked before looking around.

"Dynamite?" my archerfish asked in shock.

"Look here! I found something that might function as a communicator!" my Helena suddenly spoke up.

"Nice going, Helena!" My San francisco complimented my Helena before the transmitter crackled to life.

"Our air squadrons have begun bombarding the enemy base. Our recon planes have not yet discovered Eagle Union forces. Requesting additional recon support." Hiryuu's voice sounded over the transmitter.

"Prioritize disabling the enemy base. One wave of airstrikes may not be enough to finish the job. Prepare to launch the next wave of attacks." then Akagi's voice sounded over the transmitter, giving orders.

"A recorded message from the Sakura fleet? Something feels off about this..." my archerfish is wary of this message.

"I assume they were talking about attacking the harbor... Do you think we've been put onto one of their mass-produced ships?" my san francisco asked.

"But this ship isn't moving at all and I don't see the rest of the fleet." my archerfish pointed out.

"The fact that this message has been recorded here means that this ship is part of that fleet doesn't it." my san francisco asked.

"This message might be our only clue on getting out of here so for now, keep your eyes peeled and listen closely." I instructed.

*Midway Island

*Evan/My POV

We managed to shoot down all of the aircraft attacking Midway but something seems a little off.

"Is it just me or are the planes really weak?" I asked as I sat down on the sand.

"There were too many though." vauquelin commented.

"That was like swatting flies for me." Ticonderoga said.

"Sir Evan. Are you hurt?" lady Forbin asked me.

"I'm fine. How about you Lady Forbin?" I asked.

"I'm good Sir Evan. these planes are nothing for me" lady forbin replied.

"Luckily for us, these planes have terrible aim so it's easy for us to fight back.'' Aquila remarked.

"I wonder if these planes came from a siren pawn.'' Illustrious looked out at the sea.

"I was wondering the same thing too. We should follow the retreating planes to find out where they came from." Enterprise suggested.

"Good thinking E. If we follow the planes, we'll reach the attacking siren fleet eventually and maybe even attack it." Admiral Kenneth's New Jersey agreed.

"Let's not waste anymore time here!" Ticonderoga said before looking at me with the other carriers.

"Evan. Requesting permission to launch aircraft for recon." Enterprise said on behalf of the carriers. I nodded and got up.

"Approved. Track down the attacking Siren Fleet. Azur Lane! Sortie!" I commanded.

"Roger!" my shipgirls and Admiral Kenneth's New Jersey acknowledged