STO: 17

Yibo groaned as he slowly wakes up. His eyes opened only to see Xiao Zhan sitting on the bed with his back resting on the headboard while reading a book.

"Glad you woke up," Xiao Zhan uttered as he flips the page of the book he was reading.

"Uh?...mn," Yibo answered while scratching his eyes. He sat up on the bed and lowered his head, his cheeks are blushing, the sight of Xiao Zhan half-naked beside him is making his heart flutter, but then the memories of last night flashed back. He cupped his face as he groaned silently.

"What are you waiting for? Didn't I told you last night that you're reporting what's on the email you received?" Xiao Zhan said with his expressionless tone, as he looks at Yibo in his peripheral vision.

"O-oh, y-yeah--" he immediately rummages on the bed to look for his phone, not long after he was able to grasp. He swiftly opened his phone and the email.

"It says, there were four victims of the accident, the passenger of the black limo are Xiao Zhixiang, Xiao Chengli, Wang Licheng, and the truck driver, Li Xian," he paused.

"The case was close by--" he was cut off by Xiao Zhan, "Wang Licheng is one of our trusted servants here, his husband is dad's driver, but why is he the one who died?" he said and set down the book he was holding. 'Think Xiao Zhan! try to remember what happened before the accident!' he said to himself.

Then he remembered the name of his father's driver, "Wang Kevin..." he mumbled. "I remembered, that night!" he exclaimed, "mom and dad were about to go to a gathering, Wang Licheng was their driver because uncle requested for dad's driver to drive for him since that day his driver is on sick leave," he added.

"That time, I'm with Wang Zhuocheng, their son, I was about six years older than him. They left him with me and we're just at our library, studying," he uttered and put his fingers on his chin, thinking of what happened next.

"But, we stayed at the library at that time and nothing more," his brows furrowed as he heaved a long sigh, "That information is not even necessary, no leads," he clicked his tongue.

"Why not we ask your dad's driver? maybe we can find something from him since it's his wife who died from the accident," Yibo suggested as he looks at Xiao Zhan.

Xiao Zhan looks back at Yibo, Yibo immediately looks away when their eyes slightly met, "Right, but he quit right after that. But I knew his address since dad brought me with him when we use to visit his farm," Xiao Zhan uttered.

"We can go to where he lives to ask him," Yibo said.

"Then, we'll head there today," Xiao Zhan.

"But aren't you busy today boss?" Yibo asked and turn his eyes at him.

Xiao Zhan looked at him and raised an eyebrow, "Knowing the truth behind my parent's death is more important," he said and stood from the bed, unaware that he's naked all over.

Yibo immediately look away, 'Temptations this early is bad for my health!' he cried internally.

Xiao Zhan look back at Yibo with his brows raised, "Why are you slacking off? Go clean the room before you get out," he said then started walking to the bathroom, but then he halted when he's at the door frame, "And prepare because you'll be accompanying me, You know how to drive?" he asked him.

Yibo looked at Xiao Zhan with his eye wide open, "Y-yes..." he answered, 'don't tell me he'll let me drive?' he thought.

"Then, you'll drive. My guards should not know what will we do, we don't know what will happen if someone in the house is behind all this," he said sternly and entered the bathroom, banging the door close.

Yibo flinched at the sound of the door, he immediately put on his clothes and cleaned the room. After cleaning, he went to his room to prepare.

.

An hour passed, Yibo was already prepared. Upon opening Xiao Zhan's door, he saw Xiao Zhan seated on his swivel chair while Zixin his secretary is standing beside him.

"Shall we go?" Xiao Zhan asked upon laying his eyes on Yibo.

"Uh.. y-yes," he answered with a nod.

"Are you not going to the venue to prepare for your parent's commemoration, boss?" Zixin asked.

Xiao Zhan looked at him as he stood, "Yes, I'll be buying this kiddo a suit to wear on mom and dad's commemoration," he uttered.

"But boss, do he really needs a suit? and we can just call a tailor here," Zixin remarked.

"Yes, but a tailored suit is not suitable for this brat," he said and walked to the door where Yibo is waiting.

"Do you really need to go with him, boss? Tob or the others can accompany him," Zixin suggested.

Xiao Zhan looked at him with his expressionless face, "Do you think I can trust their fashion sense? I don't want any unwanted comment from anyone when they see my servant with me," he said then faced the door.

"But boss--" he was cut off by Xiao Zhan, "Take care of the planning for me," he said and leave his room with Yibo. Zixin was not able to retort and sighed heavily, dumbfounded since he will manage all Xiao Zhan's work again.

.

Yibo started driving Xiao Zhan's car, they were on their way to his father's driver--Wang Kevin.

"So the case was closed by the chief police," Xiao Zhan uttered as he read the email from Yibo's phone. "Since the truck driver died with my parents and Wang Licheng," he added.

Yibo just listened while concentrating on the road, "But why is it case closed when the investigation didn't even start, the date the chief police closed the case is just after the accident, and no further investigation was conducted," Xiao Zhan uttered with his brows furrowed, "It's unusual," he commented as he read further the text.

"I don't get it, why did they close the case even if they did not investigate the whole situation?" he repeated. He clicked his tongue, "Just why?!" he exclaimed.

"Boss, calm down. We'll know the truth sooner or later," Yibo assured him.

Xiao Zhan exhaled and inhaled to calm himself down. He let go of Yibo's phone and closed his eyes, "Right-" he uttered, clearing his thoughts and calming his anger.

--

A/N: Sorry for the short update. I got an exam tomorrow so I'll be reviewing. Thank you for reading and stay safe. (╯▽╰ )