𝟏𝟐

±
°

ALEXA CARSON

ALEXA CARSON

me and my team step out in the field ready for our match to begin. Our teams soar into the air as the crowd cheers for the teams they are supporting. I see Draco in the bleachers looking at me i look away and the match starts and i focus on winning.

⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄

The Gryffindor team won with harry as seeker of course. We all are celebrating in the great hall during lunch. We hear the hoot of an owl and i see a brown owl flying into the great hall and it drops a letter in front of me. I pick up the letter and see who it is addressed to and surely enough it has my name on it but then my body freezes when i see who it is from.

Dave Carson

" is everything ok lex?" harry asks along with the whole group looking thinking the same thing. " yea everything's fine I- I'll just be right back" i say and walk out the great hall reading the letters Dave Carson over and over again. i pass Draco in the hall but keep walking towards a tree near the black lake to open the letter. " hey what's that? you fine?" he asks but i don't answer and just keep walking with him following behind for some reason.

i finally reach the tree and sit down. i open the letter and start to read

My dearest Alexa,

You must be in a state of confusion I presume to hear after so long of silence but I know something important that needs to be brought to your attention as it should have been long ago. Your mother hides this from you and she will as long as she can but i can't bear that you see her like the way you do - kind and caring. She is nothing of that sort but evil and twisted. That is the exact reason i left and i know you will never forgive me for it but I'm sorry. The dark lord's army is rising again as he plans to return and your mother is a committed follower. Please stay safe and don't let her get the best of you.

love,
Dad

My mouth is probably open wide right now as much as it can. I put the letter beside me and hold my head in my hands looking down at the grass. Draco sits down next to me. "Alexa? " he says in a soft warm voice that could melt my worries away for a second. I look at him but im lost for words so i just hug him and he hugs me back. We both sit there under the tree, him holding me.    "its my dad. He wrote " i say after seconds of silence. He strokes my backs and questions what he wrote me. "He says my mom is a death eater and Voldemort's army is preparing for his return " as i say this i pull back from his embrace and look at him while my back to the tree.

He looks shocked. "wait what? " he says. " i don't know if i can trust him. He says he left because of that my mom being a death eater " i says knees to my chest. Draco is quiet but not the kind of quiet where you don't know what to say but the kind where you're thinking something like you learnt the secret of the universe.

" I don't think he's lying Alexa "