𝟏𝟒

±
°

ALEXA CARSON

ALEXA CARSON

I walk quietly along the empty corridors to the astronomy tower. Now that I think about it, we meet a lot there it's kind of our spot. Now that Umbridge has come a lot of things are gonna change i feel like she's gonna shush everyone up who even thinks about believing harry. I wonder what Harry will do now but whatever he does I will be on his side. I then realize Draco might not be because duh and I'm gonna have to choose between them. I stop thinking about that as I realize I've reached the tower and I creek open the door.

I see a figure standing there and it's Draco leaning against the wall. "This is like our spot now you know we could meet here every night" i saw laughing but he doesn't respond just looks at the floor. I stop smiling and stand beside him. There's silence for a few seconds then he speaks; "Alexa I - we need to talk" . " What is it Draco?" I ask and the back of my mind is filled with concern. Is this the last time I'll talk to him?

"Your dad was right, the death eaters are rising and preparing for his return and the ministry is trying to pacify everyone" he says holding my hands and squeezing them. I remain silent as for him to continue. " and we cant see each other anymore"

My heart instantly drops down to my stomach and I feel a pang of anguish. "What why?" I ask. "Alexa my parents are death eaters and the dark lord has expectation from my famliy " he says. " What, you're just going to be Voldemort's slave and help those who kill and destroy?! What is wrong with you?" I say with anger and hurt in my voice. " Alexa, you don't understand, I don't have a choice" he says soothingly. I snatch away my hand from him.

" No, I don't understand how you're choosing the side of a monster. I wouldn't ever talk to you if you did that" i replied as my eyes were starting to sting and i held back tears. " I know I don't want you to, it's not safe" he says and I deride and push his shoulder and run out the tower down the stairs.

I can't help but let the tears spill while walking back to my dorm room. I silently cry while opening the common room door making my way to my bed. I lay in bed gently and put the covers over me and silently cried into my pillow. How could he do this? I should have always known he doesn't prioritize me and I feel so foolish thinking of all the times I let him even near me. Boys like him only ever use girls and it's my fault for even trusting him. He's a coward. I cry myself to sleep as we have school tomorrow .

⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄

I wake up to Hermione shaking me awake. "Wake up Lex it's morning or you'll be late" she says and I sit up and squint my eyes because of the sunlight pouring in from the fully open windows. "have you been crying? " Hermione asks, looking at my red eyes. "No" I say and swing my legs off the bed and walk to the bathroom. I shut the door and lock it before Hermione could question me again.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror and realize my eyes are a bit red and swollen. Fuck i cant go out like this. I hate feeling and looking weak. It's one of the worst feelings ever and it makes me feel low and it makes me detest Draco even more because every time he touches me I feel weak. Every time my heart cries for him I feel weak. I wash my eyes with cold water and they look normal now.

I come out of the bathroom and see everyone's gone to breakfast. I change quickly into my Gryffindor uniform and walk down to the great hall to my friends.