4. Going to New York.

Diane's pov

We were all silent as Mr Jon drove us all in a sleek grey car to the airport some miles away from the town. It was still known as Greenville airport anyways.

By we, I meant me, my mum, Catlyn and of course Mr Jon. Catlyn had almost gone ballistic on me when I told her all about the mysterious guy being starlit band manager and the offer and I knew it was taking all of her to not drill Mr Jon with a lot of questions.

She hadn't been so kind to me though because she had used the whole of our shift in the bookshop to question me.

As for Mr Jon, I informed him that I would dance for the band but on one condition and that condition would take place when we get to New York.

He had given me a contract to sign and also informed me that I would dance for the band, like a sort of audition to show them what I could do, so I spent the whole night deciding which song to dance to.

I settled back in my seat with a smile on my face and close to an hour later, he drove into the airport that was bustling with people. He found a place to park in the parking lot and put on a nose mask before getting down from the car.

We followed suit and we all headed to the check-in area to drop our luggage in which mine was just a small luggage bag but it contained all I needed and Mr Jon's was a duffel bag.

The bags were collected from us and we were giving boarding passes before we headed to the plane we were to board.

At the entrance I turned to face the people I loved a lot and felt water gather in my eyes, "I'll miss both of you" i stated, moving close to my mum and giving her a tight hug,

"I'll miss you too" she said and I hugged her tighter, if that was possible. I pulled away from the hug and turned to Catlyn,

"I'll miss you" I said and drew her in for a tight hug,

"Don't forget what I told you" she said into my ear instead and I rolled my eyes. She had asked me to send her photographs of her idol Ace when I got to New York but I can't believe she was saying that now, when I was leaving,

"You are not serious. You are supposed to be missing me not thinking of some idol" I said back into her ears and I felt rather than saw her roll her eyes,

"Of course I miss you, we'll talk on the phone but Ace is important right now" she replied and I smacked her on the back of her head, earning weird stares from Mr Jon but not my mom, we tended to do this a lot.

I drew back from the conversational hug immediately and smiled at the frown on her face, "I'm going to get you back for this" she said and before I knew it, I was running into the plane for safety.

I gave my boarding pass to a woman at the entrance and ran in, turning back to see Catlyn fuming at the entrance. Mr Jon followed me in after giving his boarding pass to the woman and I waved with a smirk at Catlyn before following Mr Jon to the first class area of the plane.

An air hostess helped us in settling in and I saw her sending Mr Jon some curious glances like she could guess who he was, but luckily another hostess called her before she could put two and two together.

"That was some goodbye you said to your friend out there" Mr Jon said facing me and I smiled,

"Yeah",

"About the car......." He was referring to the car he drove to the airport,

"My mom would return it safely to your compound" I replied. I had found out that he even had a house here in Greenville but it was a moderate one with a housekeeper to take care of it,