32. My song.

Diane's pov

I and Jade walked down the college hallways the next day with her typing away on her phone, probably to Jason.

They were getting really serious and even our normal Playboy Jason, is ignoring the other girls. I'm wondering when they would go official.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and fished it out to see Mr Jon calling, so I turned to Jade,

"Mr Jon is calling, I'll be right back",

"Okay",

With that, I went to the restroom area and made sure that I was entering the female's own, to prevent what happened the other day.

I found the restroom without persons and quickly entered a cubicle before picking the call, "hello, Mr Jon",

"Hey Kamilah, I hope you're having a good time at your college and in New York?",

"Yeah, thanks for asking",

"Well, I called to inform you that the band would be releasing a new song soon and you should prepare for the song video",

"Uhmm, okay. But I thought the audio would be released first before the video",

"Yeah, but Ryan wants both the audio and video to be released at the same time",

"Okay then, no problem",

"See you later",

"Yeah".

I ended the call and tucked the phone back into my pocket before heading out of the cubicle.

I  however got startled when I saw Selene coming out of the cubicle right next to mine, "hey" I said in greeting to cover my being startled,

"Hey" she answered in a sly voice making me suspicious but I waved it off since I hadn't said anything complicating on my side of the phone call.

I walked out of the restroom with her still smiling and went straight into the hallways where jade stood waiting for me by a corner, "let's go" I said upon getting to her and we continued on our way to the lecture room for our next lecture.

We walked up the stairs and within a few minutes, got to the lecture room where we were to have history.

I knew I was going to love this class, since it's about dance history. So we entered and took a seat at the middle, right before the lecturer came in.

She introduced herself as Mrs Phillips before going on to the topic at hand.

I listened attentively and about an hour later, she walked out of the lecture room before we dispersed.

Some hours and few lectures later, it was time for dance class and both I and Jade headed for the dance room.

We were going to continue with ballet dance which we started again this week and I could say I'm developing interest in the dance.

Jade hasn't stopped helping me with the ballet dance and that's what has contributed to my knowing it.

We got to the dance room and took up space in the middle of the room among other students as we always did before the female teacher walked in.

She started with the dance lesson of the day and two hours later, we finished the lessons.

We headed down the stairs but got stopped by a familiar voice. We both turned with different expressions on our face to see Jason approaching us. Mine expression was a scowl and hers was that of admiration.

"Jason!, How are you doing today?" Jade asked with a........shy smile and I scoffed, really?!

"I'm doing good and I can see you're doing well too",

"Yeah",

"How about we go someplace I have in mind?" He asked and I was surprised to sense some nervousness rolling off him,

"Sure, which place is that?",

  "It's a surprise"

  "I'm curious now"

  "Don't worry, you'll see the place soon"

    Facing me, Jade put on an apologetic smile, "I hope you don't mind me going with him?",

    "Of course not, have fun"

    She beamed a smile at me before leaving with Jason and I sighed. He just had to steal my best friend when we had Netflix and junks arranged for this evening.

   I'll just have to find something to do, maybe practice some dance in the dance room. It would be empty by now.

   Deciding on that, I headed back for the dance room but got stopped by another familiar voice,

     "Hey Ryan" I said while turning to face him,

     "How are you doing?"

     "Alright I guess considering the fact that some certain guy just stole my best friend....."

     "What do......oh!, You mean Jade and Jason?" He chuckled lightly making his whole face light up and I found myself smiling,

    "Yeah"

    "You can't blame them now, can you?. I mean they are so in love"

   "Yeah right"

    "Anyways are you free, I'll like to show you something in the music room"

    "Sure"

    "Okay, follow me"

      He led the way to the music room and I was awed by the size and design considering I hadn't been in there before. It had all sorts of instruments and he picked up one of them now, a guitar.

   Facing me he said, "I don't know if you remember the song I wrote for you years back...... About us and the bond we shared"

    "Yeah I do, I'll never forget it"

    Smiling, "well I made some changes to it and wanted you to listen to it cause I uh...... plan to...release it as an album"

    "What?, You want to release the song as one of your albums?"

   "Yes"

   "Wow, I'm speechless. I don't know what to say...."

    "You don't have to say anything, just listen".

    With that last statement, he started playing the guitar and soon his beautiful voice joined in singing the song he wrote for me ten years ago.

    I listened to the song attentively and realised that the lyrics held deep meaning to the bond we shared as friends or maybe....more.

    It made something shift deep within my heart and by the time he strung the last note, I knew one thing.......

    I was in love with this guy.....my childhood friend and I had no ide on how to go about it.

*****

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter?.