16. The concert.

Ryan's pov

       I put on my headphone just as the door to the van got shut. I and my band mates were in the van and Mr Jon sat in the front seat while kamilah and the other dancers were in another van right behind us.

    The shutting of the driver's door indicated that the driver just got in and soon enough, the car revved up and drove out of the studio.

    I settled back in my seat while my band mates conversed and played a song from my favourite playlist. The music soon filled my ears and I wasn't surprised when my mind went to kamilah, our band dancer. We had seen a lot of her this past week and it had been hard keeping her out of my mind because.......,

     Well she was beautiful and there was something about her that just kept pulling me in. I couldn't quite figure it out yet but maybe it was because of her grey eyes that looked so similar to that of my friend from years back.

    As fate will have it, they even had the same name and personality. The only difference was the hair colour.

    Come to think of it, there were two ladies now that I was comparing to my best friend from ten years ago. Could that mean anything or was I just going out of my mind???.

     Ugh!!!!, I groaned inwardly and pushed every one of my thoughts away. I had a concert in about an hour or so and needed to think of it, not two ladies who had similar grey eyes.

     My mind thankfully agreed with me and I didn't know when I dozed off until a hand tapped me not so gently on the arm,

    "Hey!!" I winced from the sting and sat up to see a grinning Jason,

     "We are here" he announced and I looked out the tinted windows to see a lot of fans outside the van. Some bodyguards were around and they moved towards the van now just as the door opened.

    I followed my band mates out of the van making sure to wave at our fans as we moved along and we entered into the concert's venue. It was a large stadium with a minimum of 1million seats and that should be enough for our fans.

    We were led backstage where makeup stylists and hair stylists were waiting including Miss Flynn, our dress stylist and we greeted them all.

    Kamilah and the dancers were led in too and Miss Flynn addressed us,

    "You guys are going to change into your stage attire now and please be fast about it. The female dressing room is over there and the male dressing room is there" she said while pointing out the rooms.

    I and my band mates walked into the male dressing room and we saw racks after racks of clothes inside,

      "How are we supposed to know our stage attire for today?" Jason asked voicing my thoughts,

      "There they are" Ace said and we followed the direction of his eyes to see a particular rack containing four set of clothes. It had a label named stage attire and stood apart from other racks.

     "I guess that's it. Let's get changed then" Mason said and we started changing.

      We filed out of the dressing room minutes later just as kamilah and the other dancers were coming out of their dressing room and I caught myself staring.

      "Okay, time for your makeup and hair" Mr Jon said and the makeup stylists and hair stylists took over.

    Another fifteen minutes or so, I was staring at myself in the mirror and thought I looked quite different with the makeup and hairstyle but I was still recognisable though. My normally spiked hair had been stretched out and there were now bangs in front of my head.

     I picked up my phone to wile away time while my band mates including the dancers were given finishing touches and went on social media to see fans reaction to the concert.

    They were quite excited and expected a lot and I hoped to give them the very best.

      My band mates finished with their makeup and hair styling and the call came for us to come upstage.

    The shouts and frenzies of the our fans reached my ears as the intro to one of our popular songs started and it made me smile as we went upstage.

   The screams increased as we came into view and we waved and blew kisses to them. The stage lights shone on us as Ace took position behind the drum set on the stage and I stood in the front with Jason and Mason on either side of me.

   We started singing the song just as kamilah and the dancers walked in with swaying hips and the crowd went into an higher frenzy.

   They sang along with loud voices and I really loved it. Not the fame or the limelight but being able to sing and pour out emotions and not to forget our fans that made it worthwhile.

   Just putting my words and feelings into a song and having people love it, it's what I lived for.

   We sang different songs for a while and I played the guitar during one of the songs, making our fans scream harder. Their screams encouraged us and we in turn gave our best.

   We went backstage after the last song and I could feel the sweats on my neck and forehead. We were all tired and collapsed into different chairs. The jumping and singing on stage was bound to tire out a person.

    We were given bottles of water and after sometime went into the dressing rooms to change into our former clothes.

     We were led out of the venue by securities and I waved excitedly at fans that stood on the sidelines. My band mates waved at them too before we entered into the van.

     "Whew!, That was hectic but fulfilling" Jason commented and we all agreed.

     We settled back in our seats just as the van drove away from the concert venue and I looked forward to day 2 of the concert.

                        ****

   I hope you enjoyed the chapter?. Pls, don't forget vote and comment 😘.