19. Coincidence or Fate?.

Diane's pov

I walked down the hallway that Monday morning with my earphones on while listening to one of the starlit band's song that I love.

    The concert had been swell and I had enjoyed it as much as our fans, maybe even more. Besides, my fans had doubled over the weekend and you could just imagine the thrill of knowing people loved your dance.

That wasn't the only thrill I was having lately though. The kiss with Ryan was another thrill and I couldn't even help the blush that rose on my cheeks each time I remembered it. Maybe that's why my cheek felt so hot right now.

Through the sound of the music booming in my ears, I suddenly heard someone yell my name and i turned to see Jade hurrying towards me.

I removed my headphone just as she got to me and watched as she caught her breath, "Seriously, who walks around with earphones on?" She asked after a moment,

"Okay, don't answer that, Everyone does" she said before I could open my mouth and I chuckled.

"How are you doing?" I asked,

"Good but you have a lot to catch-up on since you were away for a week"

"Okay, I'll do my best besides I have you to help me",

"As if"

We continued on our way down the hall to the lecture room as we were having history now. I wasn't really interested in the subject but I had to do it anyway, same for ballet.

      We soon got to the lecture room to find it filled with students. They sat in groups while chatting among themselves and that made the room quite noisy.

    It was also crowded and it took us quite some time to get a seat. The seat we got was located at the back and there were still some empty seats behind us.

   I forgot about empty seats and occupied seats because at that moment, Ryan walked in with his band mates. I immediately felt my cheeks heat up and I kicked myself inwardly at my reaction.

    He doesn't even know that I'm the one so I should behave with sense. But my cheeks thought differently as they came closer to where we sat.

    He threw a wink in our direction probably because his sister was right beside me before they settled right behind us. Jade snickered beside me but I ignored it.

   As if on cue, Selene also walked in with an air of authority and waved generally before finding her way to the back to seat behind me and Jade.

   I didn't dare look back as I may turn to a red tomato but I was saved from the temptation by the lecturer entering.

An hour later, the lecture was done and we dispersed out of the lecture room. I and Jade went for other lectures and met up in the hallway later that afternoon,

"You hungry?" Jade asked me,

"Sure"

"Then let's visit donnakins after dance lessons" she said and i nodded,

"I'm totally in on that" I replied,

We then headed for the dance room where we would be having our dance lessons that day and I was seriously happy about it cause we were starting hip-hop today.

We walked into the dance room and took position at a corner that wasn't too tight. There was just enough space for every demonstration we might practise today.

The room became silent as a man walked in. He was dressed in a black baggy trousers with a black top and a red striped shirt that had only half it's button done.

His hair was shoulder length dreadlocks and he wore a red cap on it backwards. I could see some tattoos on his wrist and neck and I just knew he was for hip-hop.

"Good afternoon class, i'm Mr West and I would be teaching you all you need to know about hip-hop dance throughout your years in this college" he started gaining our attention,

"So today, we would be learning some basics about hip-hop dance. The types of dance we have and where they originate from. I will also demonstrate some steps to you which you should be able to do by the end of the class" he continued,

He lectured us for about an hour and within that time, I knew I had added to my knowledge of hiphop dance. There was actually a lot that I didn't know.

We all dispersed out of the dance room after he dismissed us and I and Jade walked back down the stairs and into the hallway.

    "So what's with you and Ryan?" Jade suddenly asked and I startled visibly,

     "Nothing, why?",

     "You were blushing a lot when he entered the class earlier this morning",

      "Uhmm, my cheeks just had a lot of blood in them",

      "Oh!, okay"

We remained silent as we went out of the college building and entered into Jade's car where it was parked in the parking lot,

    "You know what?" She said asked and I faced her,

      "What?",

     "How about we go to my house instead of donnakins, I make some mean spaghetti and meatballs",

     "Hmm that sounds tempting, to your house we go!" I said and we both chuckled.

    She started the car and drove out of the college while we chatted lightly. She asked about my travel and I answered with a little nervousness.

   That however left me when she drove into the estate of her house. It was quite big and beautiful and it looked familiar.

    We passed different houses that had the same design and I kept wondering why this place looked so familiar. Could it be a place I knew from ten years ago???.

I got an answer to that question when she drove into the gates of her family house. Nothing could ever take the picture of that house out of my mind.

It was the same as I knew it. The same country home style, same flowers decorating the edges of the house, same wall painting and I felt confusion inside me.

I turned to look at Jade and couldn't help thinking. Could she be the one?, Could she be my friend from ten years ago?.

It would make a lot of sense though. Her brother's name is Ryan, her name is Jade which were the names of my best friends from back then.

The boy I knew back then had loved to sing and the sister had loved to dance ballet. They also lived in this same house ten years ago and my own family house was right beside it.

There's just too much coincidence for it to be a coincidence, right??

******
Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter?. If you did, pls leave a vote and comment 😘.