Chapter 27

Jackson walked towards her, the knife to her throat, the gun pointing at us. Y/n looked terrified. I don't blame her, he held a knife to her and she was defenseless. Y/n continued to back away as he continued towards her until her back hit the wall. She let out a small whimper as she realized she had nowhere to go. I had never seen y/n this terrified. How I wished I could use my powers to help her, but I had to wait for Tony's signal. Jackson grabbed y/n's face and forced her to look at him. If Tony didn't give a signal soon I was going to do it of my own accord. Jackson pressed the knife into y/n's throat so that although it was bleeding, it wouldn't kill her, though it still hurt which was clearly evidenced by the cry of pain she let out. I shot a look towards Tony and he shook his head gently, giving me the answer I didn't want. Y/n's hand went up to her neck to stop the bleeding but Jackson pulled it away and replaced it with his forceful hand, clamping her to the wall. She was tiny compared to him. He let go of her and she fell to the ground, gasping for air. Jackson turned to face us. "So," He said, slurring his words slightly, "Who am I going to kill first?" In response to his question, y/n cried out, "Noooo!". Jackson stormed over to her and she realized her mistake. "I...I...I'm sorry s...s...sir i...it j...just slipped out." She said in a rushed panic. God, it reminded me of when I first saw her, she was scared of everyone and everything. I didn't let the sir go unnoticed. How was she even sane after everything that had happened to her? I looked towards Tony in panic, he nodded and I shot at Jackson who was now distracted with a whimpering y/n. Nat ran over to y/n while I used my powers to lift Jackson up and pin him against the wall. Despite my powers, Jackson still managed to throw his knife towards me and shoot his gun, both of which I managed to block before they hit me. I was surprised by the control I had over my powers. I was still fairly new to the team and I hadn't used my powers like this in a long time. The thought of what could go wrong washed over me in a flurry. Steve placed Jackson in handcuffs which I didn't even realize he had, bringing me back to reality as my powers vanished and then took him down to the cell where Bucky was kept before he became part of the team unofficially. 

I looked over to a petrified y/n. Nat cradled her shaking body and she looked at me in fear. I slowly walked over to her and went to cup her cheek and turn her head to face me but she flinched away. Although it stung to know she was scared of my touch, I would understand why, I had just had red glowing stuff firing out of it that pinned her abuser to a wall. I looked at her. "I would never hurt you y/n, ever," I said, making sure my voice was soft. "I...I know," She said, her voice shaking, "I...i...I'm sorry." "Don't be sorry," I said, "You have nothing to be sorry for. Let's go and get you cleaned up." I suggested, leading her alongside Nat to our floor. Y/n hopped in the shower in just her underwear, revealing all her scars and reminding us of all of the trauma she went through. Nat and I helped shower her. She was very out of it, all quiet and reserved with no emotion at all. Every now and then, shed flinch if we moved too quickly so Nat and I tried to move as carefully as possible. We got her changed into some comfy clothes and put a large plaster across the cut on her neck. It went all the way from her collar bone to under her chin and though it wasn't deep, it was likely to leave yet another scar from that wretched man. "Do you want anything y/n?" I asked. She didn't reply as she sat on the edge of her bed staring into thin air. "Y/n?" I ask again. "Hmm?" She responds, turning her head towards me. "You ok?" I ask. "Yeah," She said with no emotion, "I'm fine." "Anything you say to me can stay between us. You know that right?" I said, trying to get her to express any feelings she had. "I have nothing to tell you." She said, turning away from me. "Ok," I sighed, "Do you want anything?" I asked. "Can I be left alone for a bit?" She asked. I nodded my head and left her be, taking Nat with me. 

*3 DAYS LATER*

Y/n hadn't been out of her room for 3 days. I always went up to give her food which she would take into her room. Whether she'd eat it or not I don't know. Every time I went up I tried to talk to her. I always knocked on the door but there was no answer. I had originally thought she was asleep but my gut was telling me something else. We were all sat in the conference room discussing the next mission. "What about y/n?" Steve asked, "Anyone seen her?" No one replied. "I'm going to go and talk to her after lunch," Nat said. "Do you want me to come with you?" I asked. She shook her head, "No, I think I should do this alone." 

*NAT'S POV* 

After I'd had lunch, I went up to y/n's room with a ham and cheese toasty for her. I knocked on the door and was met with no answer. "Y/n?" I said as I knocked again, "I'm going to come in whether you answer or not so..." There was no reply. I pushed open the door and was met with complete darkness. All the lights were off and all the curtains were shut. The smell of old food flooded up my nose. "Jarvis, Turn on the lamp," I said, still stood at the door. The lamp switched on to reveal y/n lay awake on her bed staring at the ceiling. The floor was littered with old plates with untouched food. I stepped over the mess and walked towards y/n, placing the toastie on the bedside table. "Hey sweetie," I said in a soft voice, "How are you feeling?" I asked, stroking her head. She didn't reply, she didn't even look at me. "Do you fancy coming downstairs?" I was met with no reply. 

A/N: HEYYYYY. So... there is going to be a new character soon. A young girl who is related to y/n in some way (Time will tell) but I need a name. I can't think of one so please leave any suggestions in the comments. Thank you for all the support with this story and all the lovely comments It means so much :))))