Chapter 25

I opened my eyes to find myself in my room. I turned my head to see a sleeping Nat in the armchair. I slowly sat up and looked at the clock, 5:57 am. I shifted my weight a bit, careful not to wake Nat. The bathroom door slowly opened and revealed Wanda trying to be quiet. She turned to look at me and smiled. "How are you feeling?" She whispered. "Okay," I replied. "Nat and I have been here all night. Bruce said you were over-exhausted and needed to eat more. I don't think the mountain of news we dropped on you helped," Wanda said with an apologetic smile. She climbed into the bed next to me and I lay my head on her chest. She stroked my hair softly as we waited for time to pass. There was no point in going back to bed. "Can I ask you something?" Wanda said. "Of course," I replied. "What are we?" She asked. I smiled at the question. It was obvious we were more than friends but how far more than friends? "I don't know," I replied. "Can I ask another question?" Wanda said. I giggled and nodded yes. "Will you be my girlfriend?" I smiled. "Yes!" I said, a little too loudly, causing Nat to start to wake up. I looked up at Wanda and she leaned towards me, planting a gentle kiss on my lips.

I looked over to Nat who looked at us, a smile across her face. "How are you feeling, y/n?" She asked. "wonderful," I replied, smiling at Wanda. We all got up and changed, Wanda and Nat going back to their own rooms before we met in our little kitchen. We all decided to go down to the main room to have breakfast. We went down and saw Bucky sleeping on the sofa. I smiled at his sleeping form. We tried to be as quiet as possible when we were getting breakfast but it was very hard. As we were eating we all spoke about mine and Wanda's relationship. It felt weird knowing Nat was my mum and we both knew it would take time to form a relationship like normal mothers and daughters have. Bucky woke up as we were clearing up breakfast but stayed silent. Something was clearly bothering him but I didn't press it. He was a weird one and while I appreciated all he'd done for me (even if it wasn't his intention) I still didn't know him that well. "I think we need a shopping trip," Wanda announced. That was exactly what I needed.

We were in the car after a full day of shopping, we all piled into Nat's car which was overflowing with shopping bags from all different places. On our way back Nat's phone rang. Peter. What could the kid want? I was sat in the back next to Wanda while Nat drove. She looked at me through the mirror and then looked at Wanda. Wanda leaned forwards and touched Nat's shoulder. The friendship between the two was adorable. Nat hung up the phone after a series of "uh-huh" and "yep". "Shall we go out to eat?" Nat asked, looking at Wanda. "Ooh yeah that sounds nice!" Wanda said, very enthusiastically. Truth be told I was exhausted and really wasn't hungry. We'd had snacks all day. "You guys go but I think I'd rather go back home if that's ok," I said. Nat and Wanda exchanged glances. "What's going on?" I asked, looking between the two. They were obviously hiding something. The silence was deadly and you could cut the tension with a knife. It all clicked together. When Wanda leaned towards Nat, she was reading her mind and essentially listening to the conversation with her and Peter. Peter. Peter was at the compound. Something was going on. "Why can't we go home?" I asked, a hint of annoyance in my voice. Nat sighed and went to start talking only to be cut off by Wanda. "The boys," She said, "they are training with this new robot thing Tony made and it's running loose everywhere. They want us out of the way so they can fix it," Wanda said with a forced smile. I knew she was lying, but I let it slide.

We went out for dinner and by the end, I was not only exhausted but absolutely stuffed. I would have fallen asleep in the car if Wanda wasn't talking to me. Wanda called the boys to see if the "robot" was taken care of. They gave us the all-clear and we headed home. I walked into the main room to see loads of Happy's men running around a slashed couch trying to move it while Happy barked orders at them. Maybe Wanda wasn't lying after all? I looked at the damage. Glasses were smashed but the robot seemed to have been contained to the main room. I hated to think of what the training room looked like. I plodded upstairs while Nat and Wanda talked to Mr.Stark, Steve, and Bucky. I went upstairs to my floor and flopped on my bed. Sleep took over me as I moved under the covers.

*WANDA'S POV*

We walked into the main room and y/n went upstairs. Nat and I tried to calmly walk over to Tony, Steve, and Bucky. "What happened?" We both said in unison. The boys looked between each other before Tony said, "Jackson came. He wants y/n. We obviously said no and he was pissed. Well, there was a bit more to it than that but he left. Just stay with y/n for the next few days. He said it wasn't over." I felt the breath be taken out of me. I'd never met the man but I already hated him so much. We spoke for a while about security measures that needed to be put in place, not just for y/n's safety but for everyone's safety. This man was dangerous.