Chapter 23

We all went back to our rooms and decided to talk about Bucky tomorrow. I went to my room and jumped in the shower. The hot water stang as it ran over my cuts. I rubbed shampoo over my awfully dirty hair and rinsed it out. Followed by conditioner and body wash. After showering I dried myself off and got changed into my pajamas. I lay in bed, wanting so desperately to go to sleep but I just couldn't. I was haunted by the memories of the recent events. I got up and grabbed a glass of water from mine, Nats, and Wanda's kitchen. I turn towards my door to see Wanda stood there. "Hey," She said smiling, "You ok?" "Yeah, I just can't sleep," I replied. "Come stay with me." She said. I smiled and followed her to her room. She motioned for me to jump into the bed next to her. I put the glass down and complied, climbing under the covers next to Wanda.

We both lay on our backs. It felt like the dynamic between us had changed since I was taken. I rolled onto my side to face her. She stayed on her back. I had no idea what had happened. Did she regret the kiss last time? "Talk to me," I  said to Wanda. She looked at me. "I...I just missed you. A lot." She rolled over to face me, "Now your back I feel like I miss you more than ever. You're not the same." I searched her eyes for an emotion. I could see sorrow and longing. Longing for the old me back. I sighed. "I'm not the same. No one would be the same. I went through hell and back but I'm here now." I said. "I know," Wanda replied, "I know and I'm glad you're back I just-" I cut her off by crushing our lips together. She was shocked at first but soon gave way into the kiss, her hand finding its way to my cheek and the other to my hip, pulling me closer to her. I smiled as I slightly pulled away, our heads leaning against each other. "You talk too much," I said, giggling. "I've never seen this side of you before y/n. I kinda like it." She said, her accent strong on the last sentence. I smiled as she leant towards me, giving me a short but sweet kiss before laying her head next to my chest, her hand pressed flat against mine. Her hand was quite a bit bigger than mine.

*WANDA'S POV*   

I lay next to y/n. It had been different between us. She wasn't the same. I didn't expect her to be, she had been through so much I just didn't want her to have changed as much as she has. She used to be quiet and nervous around everyone but felt safe with me. It felt like I was the only one she trusted. Now, it's like she trusts no one, and rather than being shy and reserved, she puts up this wall to hide behind. It was weird. I liked it when she was honest with herself, where she didn't hide behind these fake emotions and where she was just y/n. I felt y/n roll over to face me while I was lost in thought. "Talk to me," She said. I turned to look at her. "I...I just missed you. a lot. Now you're back I miss you more than ever. You're not the same." She looked into my eyes for a moment as a feeling of longing for the only y/n washed over me. She sighed. "I'm not the same," She said, "No one would be the same. I went through hell and back, but I'm here now." "I know," I replied, feeling bad for calling her out on her change in character, "I know and I'm glad you're back I just-" I was cut off by y/n's lips crashing against mine in a surprising kiss. I felt frozen for a moment until I melted into the kiss, sliding one hand to cup y/n's cheek and the other sliding to her hips. I pulled her closer, leaning more into the kiss. Y/n pulled away slightly and her head leaned against mine. "You talk too much," She said giggling. I smiled at the reference to our first kiss. "I've never seen this side of you y/n," I said, "I kinda like it," I said as I leant towards her and planted a kiss on her lips before laying my head on her chest, putting her hand in mine. I fell asleep to the constant rise and fall of her chest.

*Y/N'S POV*  

I woke up to a frantic knocking on the door. I opened my eyes and went to answer only to realize Wanda was still lay on my chest. She slowly woke up and smiled at me as she went to answer the door. She opened the door slightly to see Nat stood there looking worried. "Wanda! What took so long?! Y/n, she's gone! I went to check on her this morning and she's gone. I-" "Nat!," Wanda said cutting her off, "y/n is here. Relax." I heard Nat take a sigh of relief as Wanda opened the door to reveal me in bed. "Why are you in here?" Nat asked, looking between me and Wanda. Nat gasped, "Did you-" "NO!" Wanda said, cutting her off. Nat smirked and sauntered off, giving Wanda funny looks out of the corner of her eye as she left. Wanda closed the door and laughed. She climbed back into bed. "Does Nat always worry so much?" I asked Wanda. She had known Wanda for so much longer than I had. She didn't answer. "Wanda?" I asked again. "Are you hungry?" She asked, clearly avoiding the question. Touchy subject? Or was there something she was hiding? 

Wanda walked to her wardrobe and started to get changed. Her body was perfect. Her curves in all the right places. I admired her body as she got changed. She turned to look at me, a playful smile on her face. "Y/N!" She exclaimed with a gasp, "Are you staring?" She said, making me blush. "Of course not!" I replied, jumping out of bed. She giggled as I left the room to go and get changed. 

I walked out of my room to see Nat and Wanda talking quietly. They looked at me and instantly stopped talking. "Hey, guys..." I said I felt nervous. Were they talking about me? "Y/n," Wanda said. "There is something we need to tell you. I think it's best if we all go down into the main room and tell everyone there." What on earth could it be? Wanda lead me down to the main room. Stark and Sam were already there. I felt my hands become sweaty as I sat down.