Chapter 28

Y/n still lay on her bed. I thought id sit next to her for a moment, seeing if she decided to move or not. She hadn't changed her clothes since Wanda and I dressed her after Jackson turned up. I looked towards the plaster on her neck. "I'm going to have a look at your neck," I said. I was once again met with no response at all. I leaned forwards and gently pulled the plaster off. It had healed nicely. "It's looking good y/n. Maybe we should go down and let Bruce check it out?" I said, trying to have a bit of enthusiasm in my voice. Still no response. Clearly being nice wasn't working. I got up and walked towards the main light switch. I switched it on. "Get up," I said, pulling the covers off y/n. She groaned. "Oh she can make a noise," I said sarcastically. She turned to look at me. "Why?" She questioned. I rolled my eyes. "Live your life y/n. You're not living your life in this pigsty of a room. I tried being nice but that isn't working. Get up. Have a shower. Change your clothes. I'll be back in 15 mins to make sure your up. If you're not ill drag you into the shower myself." I said as I walked towards the door, picking up half of the meals left on the floor and taking them to the kitchen, closing y/n's door behind me. I stood and listened for a moment. After about 30 seconds I heard a scuffle from the other side of the door. I smiled to myself. As I walked away.

I went back around 20 minutes later to check on y/n. I walked in and it was like a new room. Her bed was made, the blinds were open and despite the fact that there were still a few plates of untouched food on the floor, there was a nice smell. It smelt like y/n's perfume. "Y/n?" I said as I looked around the room. "In here!" She replied from the bathroom. I smiled at the happy tone in her voice. I looked towards the toastie that was left on the side. She'd eaten half of it. That was better than her not having eaten for three days. She came out of the bathroom, her hair looking shiny and perfect and her face looking lit up. I smiled at her as she came and hugged me. "Thank you," She whispered as she pulled away. She took a bite from the toastie and smiled. "What's on the list of stuff to do for the afternoon then?" She asked, eating the rest of her food. I smiled as I picked up the dirty pots and walked into the kitchen with her. "Do you want to come down to training with us?" I asked y/n. "Is Wanda going?" She asked, blushing slightly. I smiled, "Probably," I replied. "Ok, then ill go!" I chuckled to myself as she went to get changed into some gym clothes.

*Y/N'S POV*

I went into my room to get changed and sat on my bed for a moment. I was exhausted I literally hadn't done anything but I felt like I couldn't move. I got changed and looked at my scars in the mirror. Nat was right, the one on my neck was healing well. I sighed and walked towards my door, smiling before I opened it. I looked and saw that Nat had gone. Whether she was in her room or already down there I don't know. I walked through the compound which was literally silent. I walked towards the training room doors to hear muffled grunting and talking. People were down here. I walked in to see Tony, Bruce, Wanda, Sam, and Bucky all training. I looked towards Wanda who was very focused on moving blocks with her powers. I walked behind her and grabbed around her waist, resting my head on her back. She spun around in my arms, now facing me. She pulled me into a tight hug. I stepped back after a minute and she kissed me on the cheek, moving the hair out of my face. "How are you feeling? Have you eaten? Do you need anything? Do you want-" I cut her off "Wanda," I said, looking her in the eye, "I'm fine." she pulled me into a kiss before Tony cleared his throat, bringing us back to reality. We turned to look at him and I rolled my eyes at his awkward expression. "Are you going to train with us y/n?" Tony asked. I nodded my head, "If that's ok?" He didn't respond but he also didn't protest so I assumed it was fine. I trained in combat with Wanda, learning how to defend myself when I heard the door open. Nat.

"Looking good y/n, but I'm a better teacher than Wanda," She teased. I smiled as she walked further into the room, followed by Steve. I looked between the two who seemed slightly awkward with each other. I left the thought alone as I focused on the task at hand, learning to fight.

*NAT'S POV*

I was waiting for y/n in the kitchen when Steve walked in. "How's she holding up?" He asked, nodding towards y/n's door. "Not too bad. She's up and is going to come and train with us now. She ate a toastie but I'm still worried about her. She was skinny before this and now she hasn't eaten in three days? That can't be right," I sighed. Steve walked over to me and cupped my face in his hands. He kissed me on my forehead before pulling me into a hug. "You're a good mum," He whispered in my hair. I pulled away from the hug and looked at him for a moment before putting my lips to his in a kiss. He pulled away in shock. "I...I'm sorry, I don't know-" He cut me off by crashing our lips together powerfully, causing me to walk backward until my back hit the wall. His hand went down to my waist, pulling me further into the kiss. My hands found their way to the back of his neck. In one swift movement, he scooped me into his muscular arms and carried me to my room, our lips barely parting.

A/N: Sorry this took so long. I've been SUPER busy. Thank you for all the name suggestions they are all going in a random generator thing and that's going to decide it unless there is one name that lots of people have said. Thank you for all the love on this story. It means a lot!