Chapter 34

After a few minutes, I got up from Nat's bed and decided it was time to tell Wanda. I walked out of the room to see Wanda in the kitchen. She looked up at me. "There you are," She said, "I was looking for you. Is everything ok?" She asked, clearly noticing my face as she put the pan down. "There is something I need to tell you," I said taking a deep breath. Wanda nodded for me to go on and walked towards me. "I'm pregnant," I managed to blurt out, my voice shaking and my throat tightening while I tried to hold back tears. Wanda's face fell. "What?" she asked, trying to comprehend what I was telling her. She stared at me, her mouth agape. I stepped forward and placed my hands on her upper arm. She shook my hands off and stepped backward. "You're pregnant?!" she asked, still shocked, her voice slightly raised. "Wanda, I-" tears brimmed into Wanda's eyes as she cut me off. "How far along?" she asked, looking at the floor. "Wanda-" I tried to explain. "How far along, y/n?" She said, raising her voice again and forcing her eyes to meet mine. "I think it's around 4 or 5 weeks," I whispered quietly. "I thought..." I said normally before Wanda cut me off. "No. You didn't think, you went and slept with someone and ended up pregnant. You don't even know when it was! What. Did you think I was going to completely fine with that? That I'd just say oh don't worry ill help you. News flash y/n, I'm 19, you're 16. You're too young to have a child as am I. Who else knows?" Wanda said, her accent coming through strong as her voice became louder and louder. "Wanda, please listen to me," I said softly, trying to calm her down. "Listen to you? What so you can give me some shitty excuse. No. I'm done," Wanda shouted, her eyes began glowing red. "Please calm down," I pleaded. "CALM DOWN?!" Wanda yelled, slamming her hand onto the kitchen counter, causing me to jump. "How do you expect me to be calm? Do you even know who the father is?" I stayed silent, looking at the floor. "Nat, Bruce, and Mr.Stark know. Mr.Stark didn't want me to tell you, but I couldn't not." I whimpered as I turned and left. For some reason, I couldn't bring myself to tell her it was Jackson's child. She hated me and this child enough already.

I walked into Nat's room and closed the door, sitting down on the bed, I let the tears flow down as I sobbed. I didn't expect Wanda to react like that. I didn't even manage to tell her that Jackson was the father and that I needed her help.

*WANDA'S POV*

I looked up from my cleaning when I heard the door go. It was y/n, from Nat's room. "There you are. I was looking for you before," I said, I looked at her and noticed her eyes were puffy and her face was pale. "Are you ok?" I asked, putting the pan down. "There's something I need to tell you," Y/n said, her voice was shaky and she subconsciously fidgeted with her hands, she was visibly nervous. She took a deep breath in before quickly saying, "I'm pregnant," What? Y/n was pregnant? Had I heard that right? How? When? Who? "What?" I asked, trying to understand the bomb y/n had just dropped on me. I felt my mouth go dry as I realized it had been hanging open this whole time. Y/n stepped towards me and put her hands on my arms, trying to comfort me but after that news, she was the last person I wanted to touch me. I shook her off and took a step back. "You're pregnant?!" I said, my voice slightly louder than usual. "Wanda I-" I cut her off. "How far along?" I asked, trying to keep the anger from boiling over as it climbed up my body. "Wanda-" Y/n tried to get an explanation out of her mouth but I needed the answer to my question. "How far along, y/n?" I asked again, raising my eyes to hers. I could hear the sharpness in my voice, the tense aggression. "I think it's around 4 or 5 weeks," Y/n responded in a whisper. I scoffed. "I thought..." Y/n started. "No. You didn't think, you went and slept with someone and ended up pregnant. You don't even know when it was! What. Did you think I was going to completely fine with that? That I'd just say oh don't worry ill help you. News flash y/n, I'm 19, you're 16. You're too young to have a child as am I. Who else knows?" My accent came through strong as anger surged through me. She was pregnant and didn't tell me. Who did she sleep with? When did she sleep with them? If it was four or five weeks ago when did she fit it in? I made a mental note to check the calendar for the days I had missions. "Wanda please listen to me," Y/n pleaded, her voice soft, somehow making me angrier. "Listen to you? What so you can give me some shitty excuse. No. I'm done," I said, basically shouting as y/n pleaded for me to calm down. "CALM DOWN?!" I yelled as I slammed my hand down on the kitchen counter. I noticed y/n flinch and I felt a twinge of regret. Although I was mad I didn't want to scare her. "How do you expect me to be calm? Do you even know who the father is?" Y/n stayed quiet and looked at the floor, tears silently running down her face. She took a deep breath before looking up to meet my eyes. "Nat, Bruce, and Tony know," Y/n whimpered, "Mr.Stark didn't want me to tell you, but I couldn't not." She said as she turned on her heels and walked back into Nat's room, closing the door behind her.

I was left in the kitchen alone. I placed my hands on the counter and sighed, letting the tears flow down my face. How could she do this to me? She never answered my question of who the father is. Maybe she doesn't know? That means there is more than one potential father.