Chapter 6

Winter.

I decided to go home but the minute he start tripping I'm out the door, in his car. I hopped out and went in the house. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw he wasn't there. Just as soon as I let that breath out my phone rang and his face popped up on the screen. Rolling my eyes I debated on answering.

Me: Yes?

Dad: Don't you think you need to apologize?

Me: No I don't think that. I did nothing wrong. All I did was express to you how I was feeling and the desires of my heart with you being my father I thought I could do that with you but apparently not.

Dad: I have no problem with you expressing your feelings to me but it was the manner in which you decided to do it that I don't appreciate.

Me: What would you have rather me said? You were not open to what I had to say anyway so no matter how I choose to go about it you still would have reacted in the same way. While we are on the subject. I feel as though you should be apologizing to me. You hurt me so deep when you said my mother would be disappointed in me. I can't even describe the pain in my chest that occurred when you said those words to me. There is no other thing in this world that could have hurt me more than that. You of all people should know that feeling. How could you push that knife into my heart?

He took a deep breath into the phone. I was damn near in tears reliving the whole thing. A long silence passed and I was growing impatient. Typical, to high and mighty to apologize when he's wrong.

Me: Don't even worry about it.

I hung up and went upstairs wiping my tears away.

My phone vibrated and I didn't bother to look at it. I knew it was him and I don't want to talk anymore. I went and took a hot shower. After that I was feeling a lot better so I looked at my phone.

DirtySouthAug: What ya up to?.

Damn, being mad at my dad I missed a text from August.

Me: I was in the shower but I'm icebox now.

DirtySouthAug: I never understand what y'all talking about.

Me: What you mean?

DirtySouthAug: Icebox and goofy. What does that even mean?

Me: Icebox means to relax or chill. A goofy is a playful person.

DirtySouthAug: Why y'all just don't say that. Speaking all complicated.

Me: It's just the way we talk. Why you say y'all?

DirtySouthAug: That's how country boys talk.

"Winter Noelle Carter." I put my phone down staring at the man who just bust through my door.

"What?"

"Don't what me. Why did you hang up we were not done talking?"

"Not done talking? You sat there holding the phone. Clearly the conversation was over. There was no point in listening to you breathe."

"That does not give you permission to hang up."

"I need permission to hang up the phone?"

Was he serious right now? I stood up out of my bed.

"The conversation is over when I say it is."

"You weren't saying anything how is that a conversation?"

"You make it hard to deal with you. I see why your mother left."

He just said she died because of me. I went in my closet packing for more than just a day with tears rolling down my face.