Chapter 50

Aaryn.

By the time I got inside the place it was a full shoot out going on. Derrick and I split up. He was going to find King and I was going to find Raymond. If he thinks this shit is cool he better think twice and then think again.

I got the call that Derrick found King and I felt a weight lifted off my chest but I still had something to do.

"Aaryn what are you doing here?"

"Mario? What are you doing here?"

"Go home. It's not safe for you right now. Come back later."

"No, I am here for a reason."

"I know but listen to me you have to get out of here."

"Mario. Get out of my way."

I went around him and continued searching for Raymond. As I was walking down this long hallway I saw a trail of bullet holes in the wall.

"You took 14 years of my life from my baby girl. All because of David. I missed her first loose tooth, her first bike ride, her first everything because of something that nothing to do with me. How do I get that time back huh? How do I get to see her grow up?"

I heard a female voice around the corner and I started to sprint. I knew that voice but I couldn't tell where I knew it from.

It was Mama Arianna, she was holding a gun to Raymond's head while he was backed against a wall.

"Mama Arianna."

"Aaryn? Sweetie what are you doing here?"

"Oh thank god you came. Help me Aaryn, help your f-"

"Don't, finish that word. You are not my father. Stop giving yourself titles you don't deserve. How many times do I have to say that? My father is Eric Lyons, not you. He was there for me not you. So why should I come to your rescue when you lived 2 doors down for years and never came to my rescue, our rescue? When I ran all night to put food in the house and keep the lights on. Look at this, look around you. You have money to burn and we didn't have a red cent until I did something about it. You could have been there but you weren't because you were cheating on your wife and son and didn't want to be reminded of that when you looked in their faces. You deserve this you know? For all the dirt you have done. This is what you get."

"Aaryn this man is your biological father?"

"Yes Mama, he is just Raymond now. Do what you have to do."

I turned and walked back down the hallway. I ignored the constant calling of my name and didn't even blink when I heard the gun go off. I need to move passed this. He can't keep hurting me or the people around me. His time is up.

"A!!"

"Tey-Rex!!!!"

"Derrick let me go I want to hug my sister."

We embraced each other as tight as we could.

"I'm so sorry Tey. I should have never let him get this far."

"Don't stress Monster girl. We've been through hell and back together and I'd do it all over again if it meant we both would still walk out of here alive."

"I swear I couldn't ask for a better person to be my best friend."

As we were talking Mario came into view.

"Mario come here."

King snatched back from me.

"What's wrong?"