Chapter 24

Winter.

"You want to come to my house for dinner?"

"I do Derrick but I need to go face this issue."

"Alright well let me know if you need anything. Be careful with my baby."

"I got this Derrick."

"But did you hear with I said?"

"Yes. I heard you."

"I'm not playing with you Winter."

"Okay okay. Damn."

"Whatever. I'll check on you later."

"Alright. Bye."

"Bye."

Derrick and I had been sitting on the phone for an hour or so talking about holiday dinner. I did want to go over there because now that I am pregnant my father wants nothing to do with me which is perfectly fine but I want to go see Patricia and I know she cooked something good. I jumped in the shower for a little while freshening up. After I was dried I prepared my mind to put lotion on. Being pregnant is hard work it takes me 20 minutes to put on lotion. I put on my underwear then stopped to take a break. This is really tiresome work and I'm not even that big yet. I have 5 or 6 months left. I chilled for a while and watched a whole episode of spongebob before I finished getting dressed. I picked up my phone and lip gloss and put them in my purse. It's getting cold outside so I put on my coat and headed out the door. The whole drive over I kept telling myself to keep calm and not let him get under my skin. I am carrying another life and I don't need his extra stress. I killed the engine and walked up to door and rung the bell. Patricia answered the door and grabbed me into a hug.

"I missed you Winter. How come you haven't come to see me?"

"I missed you too Patricia. I've been a little busy plus I know my presence isn't welcomed here."

"Nonsense. You can come see me whenever you want."

I smiled at her walking into the warm house. It smelled like heaven, I licked my lips subconsciously.

"Somebody's hungry." Patricia remarked.

"Starving."

"Get out of your coat and meet me in the kitchen. You still remember where it is right?" She teased.

"Yes ma'am."

I shrugged out of my coat and placed it over my arm. I don't need to put it down just in case I have to make a quick exit.

"Winter Noelle Carter!" Patricia exclaimed as I entered the kitchen.

"Surprise."

Patricia wasn't around when I told my father so she didn't know I was pregnant and my jacket was covering my baby bump so now that it's off she had a clear view.

"What ... How .... Why ... Girl you have some explaining to do."

"I know. I'm 3 months." I said searching my purse for the ultrasound. I found it and placed it in her hand. While she looked at it I went around putting various types of food on my plate.

"Winter." She sighed with tears in her eyes.

"Ooh noo don't cry. Please don't cry."

I put my plate down and hugged her. She placed her hand softly on my stomach.

"Pat- oh I'm sorry I didn't know you had a guess." A familiar voice said.

I turned around to face him. His gaze dropped to my protruding stomach.