Chapter 47

Aaryn.

"SkyBoo. Come see your Auntie."

"Aaryn. Give her to Mama so we won't be late to school."

"Girl we have 20 minutes. Let me spoil my niece."

"Alright. Now when she starts crying at 3 in the morning don't be surprised when you get a nice little phone call."

"Whatever. You know I don't ever hear my phone besides I don't mind being up with Skylar. I did it with Serenity."

"If you say so. I've barely seen my baby and she is only 3 weeks old. Derrick has had her and Mama has had her. Now you."

"What about King? I know she has been all over Skylar."

"I actually haven't seen her since she left the hospital after she brought the overnight bag."

"What??"

"I know. I think it's partly because of Derrick. Things aren't going to be the same with them again. So I think she is keeping her distance from him. Which means she isn't going to see the baby if he is here."

"If who is here?" Derrick said coming into the living room where we were. He practically lives here now.

"Nosey much?"

"Well excuse me."

"Mmhm."

"You might as well tell him Winter. I'm pretty sure he knows anyway."

"What do I know already."

"We were talking about how King hasn't seen Skylar since the hospital and the reason why."

"Which is because of me."

"Yeah."

"You aren't that close anymore so her keeping her distance from you means she doesn't see Skylar."

"I don't know what to do about that because I won't not be here with my daughter so that she can."

"Maybe there is a compromise that you could come up with?" I suggested trying to find level ground but then again I need to stay out of it.

"I know her. She isn't the compromise type of person."

"What if we all text her? That could motivate her to come see the baby. I know it is killing her to be away. She was trying to snatch her out of your stomach and run away a month ago."

"We can try." Winter said pulling out her phone.

Me: Tey your baby girl misses you. Come see her.

I took a picture and sent it to her as well.

"Derrick you too."

"I thought you were trying to get her to come not give her a reason not to."

"Ugh. I can't with this. You two used to be glued at the hip. It's weird to see one of you without the other. You love each other and you know it. This not talking to each other has officially gotten on my last nerve. If it's not fixed by the end of this week it is going to be some trouble for the both of you. Derrick and King go together like a jacket in the winter."

"It's time to go." He said changing the subject.

"Good idea." Winter agreed.

"Bye SkyBoo. Auntie will see you later. Bye Mama Arianna."

"Bye sweetie have a good day at school."

"I will."

I grabbed my bag and keys and made my way to the car.