Chapter 30

Winter.

"Oh Ivy this place is beautiful."

"Thanks. It's not my own but it will do until I graduate."

"And you live in this big place all by yourself."

"Pretty much but. My girls are always over here so I don't get lonely."

"I'm so proud of you but why are you here? I expected you to still be with your father."

"We had a really bad argument and he said some really hurtful things to me so I left and moved into this place. I just recently saw him after a few months of seperation."

"Does he know about my granddaughter?"

"Yes. I told him and that was another day we argued as well. I knew he would be ashamed of me. All he cares about is that company so I expected him to react the way he did."

A disappointed look flashed across her face. I quickly changed the subject.

"Well Mama. This is home. I hope you are going to stay with me here because now that you are back I never want to let you go."

"Of course I'll be staying here. I'm not going anywhere Ivy, believe me."

"Great. Let me show you around the place so you can make yourself at home."

I took her on a tour and she picked out her bedroom.

"It's still a little early in the day, you feel like shopping?"

"Sounds good."

"Grab your stuff and lets go. I'll drive to give you a break."

"You are awesome Mama."

"Never forget it."

We left the house and I locked up and got into the passenger seat.

"Mama can we stop for something to eat first? We are hungry." I said rubbing my growling stomach.

"Sure, what are you in the mood for?"

"Uhm, there is this really good place close to the mall called The Reggae Hut. That's what I have a taste for."

"The Reggae Hut it is."

She drove off and I relaxed. I was truly happy to have my Mama back. I felt like she restored balance to my universe. I just know everything was going to be better now that she was here.

"Is this the place?"

"Yeah."

"Alright let's get my two favorite girls fed."

I smiled a little. That's what I mean, making everything better. Even getting food is better with her.

"Welcome to di Reggae Hut. How mae I help you todae? Hae Ms. Winter bout time you come see me." Her accent had me mesmerized. I had heard it a thousand times because The 3 always comes here but I guess it was the baby who was hearing it for the first time.

"Hey Davina, how you been?"

"Good. Di father only workin me half to death."

"You tell Mr. Reggae I said not to work you so hard."

"I sure will. What can I get fo you lady?"

"I'll have the mild jerk chicken."

"And fo you Ma'am?"

"The same."

"Okay your total is 15.50."

I pulled out my wallet.