Chapter 19

King.

"I'm home." I said in a good mood since I talked to Jamere in the car on my way home. Nobody said anything so I dropped my bag and went looking around for them. I went to the kitchen first because they are always eating something.

"Queen."

"Hey baby girl."

"Where is everybody?"

"Your dad is up in the the room. Go put your stuff up and you both come eat."

I didn't even notice she was cooking.

"Okay."

I went upstairs and into my parents room.

"Hey Pops."

"Hey kid what's up?"

"Nothing."

"How was school?"

"It was cool. Oh I didn't tell you but, me and Carter aren't friends anymore and I'm not talking to Derrick anymore."

"Wow I missed a lot. When did this happen?"

"Friday."

"How you feel about it?"

"I'm QR about the whole thing because they made the decision to come at me sideways and so they both got dismissed."

"As long as you are good I'm good."

"We are good. People can be replaced some people need to learn that."

"Look at my baby growing up."

"Don't get all mushy on me Pops."

"Never that."

"Queen cooked. She said come eat."

"Alright."

I knocked on Mike's door and didn't get an answer. I guess he isn't here. I knocked on Jai's door too. Where is everybody? I went to my room and when I walked in there was a bear I never seen before in my big chair. I put my bag down and went over to it. It was a life sized Simba from Lion King, this could only be Jai. He had a note on him. I sat in my big chair and read it. I know what this gift means, they do it all the time.

"Little Lyon, I had to go. I'll be touring this time next year so I had to go down to Atlanta to set up some stuff. You know I'm coming back for you so you can record for me. I left our song on your desk. I'm sorry I had to leave before you got home but just know I didn't forget about you and I love you.

-Love JB "

I looked up and Queen and Pops were standing in my doorway.

"You guys are creeps."

"We just wanted to see your face." Queen said.

"You knew?"

"Yeah he left a few hours ago." She explained.

"What are we waiting for then? Let's eat."

"I think you have something else." Pops said point to the floor by my bed.

I got up to see what it was. It was a shoe box with a folded piece of paper on it. Mike I said to myself, he always tries to do something cute. I opened the note and sat on my bed.

"To my Little Lyon:

I had to go back to school today and I didn't get to kiss your forehead before I left. I miss you already my scrumptious banana pudding. I'll see you soon King. Be good for me. When I get back we will have a sleepover I promise. I love you.