Chapter 51

Winter.

I woke up to my alarm for school. When I swiped to turn it off a message popped up.

Aaryn: We aren't going to school today. It's 3 skip day. Bring baby Sky and Mama Arianna over to King's house. She needs her family right now, all of them.

Me: You found her? We are on the way.

I jumped out of the bed and ran to Skylar's room. She was still asleep so I went in her closet and picked out the outfit I had custom made for this occasion. Not the King getting lost part but when King finally meets Skylar. She is almost 4 weeks old now and they have never seen each other in person.

I put a lot of thought into this outfit. Since her favorite color combination is blue and grey I bought a sky blue onesie, sky blue for Skylar, and in grey letters on the front it says I heart(the actual shape) my Auntie and inside the heart there is a crown. That same crown is embroidered on her matching socks and hat with grey converse because converse in King's favorite shoe.

When I was done laying out her outfit she still wasn't awake so I went ahead and got my shower out of the way and pulled out my custom made shoes and jacket that King got me our first Christmas together. I swear I never wanted to take off my Spongebob hoodie, I remember even sleeping in it all the time.

By the time I was done she was up and crying.

"I'm coming Stinka. We have a busy day planned baby girl."

I picked her up and immediately moved to the changing table. She was still crying so I put in her pacifier until I could get her what she really wanted which was food. After her diaper was changed I fed her and burped her. Then we went in the bathroom to get fresh and clean. She doesn't like to get in the bath chair that fits in the sink so it's a struggle ever time but oddly enough she didn't fight me this time. Maybe I should feed her before a bath more often so she will be full and sit still like she is now.

"Guess where we are going today Sky? We are going to see your other Auntie! I've been waiting on this day since you were born. At one point when I was only a few months pregnant with you I thought she would never talk to me again which meant you would never get to have her around you. I'm so happy everything is better now."

After she was dressed I put her in the swing and went to see Mama. I knocked softly on the door.

"Come in Ivy."

"Mama are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Where is my little one? Aren't you late for school?"

"We aren't going to school today. We are all going to King's house. They want you to come too."

"Okay give me a minute to get myself together."

I'm surprised she didn't question why we weren't going to school. That's how I know something is wrong.

"Are you sure you are okay?"

"Yes. I'm fine."

I went back in the living room and found Skylar passed out in the swing. While she was sleep I moved her to the carseat so we wouldn't have to fight about it later.

"Alright I'm ready?"

"That was fast, are you sure?"