Chapter 33

Winter.

King has been back for a while. Everybody been sweating her since she stepped foot out of the car. It kinda pissed me off because I'm like damn as soon as she got a little fame they were all on her ass. I don't want to hear 'Yo don't forget me when you blow up' from random people walking down the hall. We been going to school together for four years and now all of a sudden you don't want her to forget you. You can't be forgotten if you aren't even remembered. People always got their hand out for something. Anyway, it's Friday, the day of Winter Formal. I want to go so I'm going even without a date. I went with my mom and found a dress to wear. My belly is sticking out more and soon I won't be able to see my toes. I wish she would hurry up and come. Being pregnant is not fun. I had to stop cheering and I don't have as much energy as I use to. I try not to think of the negatives but my emotions get the best of me. I spent a few hours getting dressed.

"Have fun tonight but not too much. Remember you are carrying a baby."

"Yes ma'am."

She kissed my belly and sent me out the door. I was kinda nervous about going but I wasn't going to miss out on anything durning my senior year. I'm well aware of me being pregnant but that shouldn't stop me from enjoying this last year in high school. I got there the same time as Aaryn and Johnny. They looked so cute I was a little jealous but that's my sister and she deserves this happiness she has with Johnny.

"Hey you two." She said hugging me and rubbing my belly.

"Hey. You both look great." I complimented.

"Well you know how I do." Johnny responded doing a model turn.

"How you feeling?"

"I'm good."

"Okay don't do too much tonight. My big man is in there." She said giving my belly a final run then leaving with Johnny.

The first thing I did was go straight for some water. This dry winter air is drying me out. August was at the punch fountain which happen to be right by the water. We haven't talked or even made eye comtact since that little encounter in the hallway. I tried to walk as slowly as I possibly could so that when I got over there he would be gone. That didn't work out so well. I quietly grabbed a water.

"Hello ta ya too." He spoke causing me to freeze.

"Hi."

"If ya didn't want speak then don't. Ya didn't have ta try ta sneak past me."

"I wasn't sneaking past you." I lied.

Damn I'm just trying to get some water.

"Yes ya were. I saw ya walk in and take tiny steps. That's why I didn't move."

"Because you just know everything." I mumbled.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. I was just thinking outloud."

"Nice save."

"Thanks." I said subconsciously.

"Mhm."

"Damn."

"Hey watch ya mouth. The baby listening ta ya." He said referencing the baby for the first time.

"My bad."

I opened my water taking a sip as a distraction from the akward silence that was coming even though we both had something to say.

"Listen." I sighed. "I know I rubbed you red. I was on another planet back then. I realized who my true friends were and I realized that I disrespected you in your house and threw away a good friend." I was crying by now. Man I'm tired of these damn pregnancy hormones.