Chapter 45

Winter.

Dad: We need to talk. Please bring your mother and come to the house.

Me: Sure.

"Mama!"

"What is it Ivy?"

"My father wants to talk with us."

"I have nothing to say to him. I'll pass."

Of course she said some other not so nice things about Michelle but we won't discuss that.

"I think we should go Mama. It's been a while so I'm sure things have settled down by now. We need to sit down and talk about this like rational adults." I said going into her room.

"Don't try to convince me Ivy I'm not going. End of story."

"Please Mama. I don't wanna bring a baby into this chaos. I want for all of you to be able to sit in the same room without security having to be present."

"Of course you would bring up the baby knowing I have no choice but to say yes now. You sure are a lawyer in the making."

"Not just that Mama but I don't want the family divided my father has already done a great job of pushing me away and I don’t want that to be the case between her grandparents."

"Okay I've already said yes Ivy. You don’t have to keep guilt tripping me."

"Get ready then. We are leaving in a few."

"A few what? Hours? I need some time to work some magic. I don't leave the house looking regular."

"Go ahead. Let me know when you are ready."

"Take a nap or something. I might be ready by then."

My mama is a trip but a nap sounds good right about now. I found my way to my pregnancy pillow that King gave me and got comfortable.

Derrick: Are you okay? Both of you?

Me: Yes. We are about to take a nap my back is killing me.

Derrick: Do you need me to come over? I could massage your back or rub coco butter on your stomach.

Ever since I missed school a couple of time because I wasn't feeling good Derrick has been here every chance he gets. To cook or help set up the baby's room. He is getting to the point where he won't let me do anything for myself but I'm not complaining.

Me: You can if you want. I'll be fine.

Derrick: Alright I'm on the way.

See. It's like he wants to be under me all the time.

"Mama Derrick is coming."

"Again? He should just move in."

No, no, and super no. I know that it would only make things worse than they are. King would stop coming over so she wouldn't have to see Derrick and it would just be a big mess all over again. I definitely don't want that.

Derrick: I'm outside.

Damn did he fly here?

Me: Coming.

I walked to the front door and let him in.

"Hey."

"Hi. Speak to your daughter please she is about to burst through my bellybutton."

Every time Derrick is around she starts doing karate.

"Hey daddy's baby girl. You missed me? I missed you. You know daddy loves you right?"