Chapter 56

Aaryn.

"Tey we tell each other everything. I mean everything. Why didn't you tell me this before? I've known you for a long time too."

"If you had a baby at a very young age that you knew you couldn't take care of so you gave him up for adoption you would openly tell your friends about that? My own blood doesn't even know about this you have to understand why I didn't tell you either. I know you, if I would have told you when we met you would have stolen him back."

"Damn right! That's my nephew."

"I can't bring myself to let that happen. I don't want him taken away from the only family he has ever known. Being away from the baby I breathed life into is the sacrifice I'm willing to make so he is happy because I love him. You don't think I want to drive over to where he is and snatch him right back? I do and I've sat in their driveway many times hoping they would give him back, this year alone. Or that I could be in his life but that's not possible. I don't want him to ask why his mommy didn't keep him. There is no way I can put it to make him understand why I did what I had to do."

"So he is why you didn't want to hold Skylar? Why you stayed away from us so long? You were hiding this big secret?"

"Yes."

"Why didn't you think we would understand? We are your family too. All three of us are sisters. You could have told us so you wouldn't have had to go through that alone. I wouldn't have tried to force you to love Skylar if I would have known. All this time I thought you resented her for who her parents are. So much could have been avoided. I can't believe you didn't say a word this whole time."

"I'm not going to apologize for the way I deal with things. Roman is a very sensitive topic for me and I know the only reason I'm even telling you right now is because I've had 5 or 6 shots and I'm wavy as hell."

"Don't make her feel bad for doing what she had to do. Now you know, you can't worry about the past." Khamari said giving me that you better apologize look.

I rolled my eyes because he is right. I was just rubbed red because me and Tey have history too and if my math is right we had already met when she had the baby. We were running for Rico almost a year and a half before that. She could have told me.

I walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what it is like to go through something like that so I shouldn't be judging the decision you made. That doesn't mean I'm not getting my nephew back. We've missed almost 3 years and that's too much. He is coming home. He is yours and ours and he belongs with us so get ready for that."

"Aaryn."

"Nah, don't Aaryn me. It's happening whether you like it or not."

"That's why I don't tell your thuggish ass anything. You go G. I. Joe in less than a second. You can't take him from his parents."

"I'm not I'm bringing him back to his parents."

I went back to my seat and took a shot. I need a real drink but this will have to do. I'm serious about getting him back. Legally or illegally, by any means necessary.

"So wait, wait, wait. King you had a baby?" Jeremy's goofy ass asked.

"Yes. I had a baby boy."

"Damn and here I was just thinking about when you were going to have my baby."

"Aye, watch yaself."

"Chill Jamere. He is just playing. He is more wavy than me."

"Mmhm."