Chapter 20

Aaryn.

"My girls ready?" King's dad asked as we passed by in the hallway. Her dad is like my dad since I never had one. He treats me no different than any of his other kids if they got it I got it. I respect him so much for that.

"Yes sir." I said making my way downstairs.

"I've been ready all week." King said following me.

"Go ahead and put your stuff in the truck." He instructed.

"We taking the truck?" King asked.

"Yeah. We need to have some room for this long trip. The car is too cramped for all of us."

"I remember when we had to take the van my first year because the boys were still home. Pops you have a lot of kids." I said turning to him.

"I know, but that's okay I got enough love to go around and I remember that. It was all 8 of us that year."

"I thought I was going to die. Mike kept tickling me and Jai sung every song that came on the radio. Keem fell asleep on me and made my shoulder numb. Then Prince kept asking me about boys that I liked. It was just a mess."

"It wasn't that bad, you survived. That's just how the Lyons show love."

"I barely made it through. That was just on the ride there. Let's not talk about the ride back."

"But you still keep coming back."

"I know, I can't get enough of you crazy people."

"Crazy?" King's mom said coming down the stairs with her bags. Pops went and helped her.

"You hear that baby she thinks we are crazy."

"Not like that. It's the good crazy."

"We know what you mean baby. You been around us so long you are becoming crazy just like us. It won't be too long before you are Aaryn Lyons."

"Awh man I didn't know crazy was contagious." I said going out to the truck.

"I've always wanted a sister." King joked.

"Alright everybody go get a bottle of water and some snacks to hold you over until the halfway stop." Queen said. King calls her Queen so much that I have started doing it. At first I called her mama like the boys but hanging with King changed that.

"Oooh nobody better get my pickle!" I said racing to the kitchen.

"This pickle?" King said about to put it in the trash.

"King don't do that. I will hate you forever I promise."

"Chill out nobody want your nasty pickle." She said handing it to me.

"Don't talk about my pickle girl. You will get bopped talking about bae like that."

"I'm telling Johnny you replaced him with a pickle."

"And? Tell him. But if I were to talk about them nasty frozen grapes and strawberries you would be ready to throw hands."

"You right. Don't talk about my food like that. That's the quickest way to get hurt. Frozen fruit is my number one."

"Now I'm telling Jamere you replaced him with some frozen fruit."

"So? Tell him, he couldn't do anything if he wanted to he way in New Orleans."

"Alright you tell Johnny and I'm telling Jamere."

"Cool."

We exchanged phones.