Chapter 53

Aaryn.

Khamari: I wanted to give you your space but I can't take it anymore. I miss you like crazy. After that day I took you to the hospital you disappeared on me. That was weeks ago. I know you don't think you got away that easy.

I looked down at that message smiling. With all the drama going on I forgot all about him. I knew he would understand but I never wanted him to feel like I am neglecting him.

Me: I'm sorry King K. If you knew what I was going through you'd ask how I'm still breathing. That's no excuse though, what are you doing tomorrow?

"Aaryn put that phone down. We are supposed to be looking at dresses."

Mama and I never really talked about what happened that day. I don't think the time is right because I am still a little rubbed red about it.

When I came home I didn't speak to her I went straight to my room and got in my bed then Serenity came in to keep me company and ask me if I was mad at Mama. I knew she sent her in here to ask so I didn't answer the question and I kept Serenity with me until dinner to make sure she would still be waiting on an answer.

After dinner she tried to make small talk.

"Prom season is coming up."

"Mmhm."

"Do you have a date? You should start looking for dresses."

"King is my date."

"Oh okay. We can go to some dress shops tomorrow if you want."

"That's fine."

"I'll talk to King and her mom, and Winter to see if they can come too."

"Even better. Good night."

I knew King didn't want to go to prom but she didn't have a choice. She is my date so she has to go.

"Alright girls any colors in particular that you know you want?"

"I don't know, what color says I am being forced against my will to go?"

"Teyanna!"

"What? I don't want to go. I don't want to wear a dress either but here we are trying to find something for me to wear and I still don't want to go."

"Oh you are going and you are going with me. We are dates to prom and that's final. It's prom King, it's a milestone in growing up. Can you just do this one thing for me, please?"

"Fine, but under one condition. Don't talk to me afterwards."

"Seriously?"

"Yes. Why are trying to force me to wear a dress and you know I don't like dresses? I don't force you to eat mushrooms because I know you don't like them."

"Fine I won't talk to you afterwards. This year has been so stressful for The 3 and all I wanted was one night where we could all be together problem free. Winter is going with Jeremy and I want to go with my best friend in the entire world, not even best friend, my sister. You know what an accomplishment that is? I get to bring the finest thing walking to prom with me as my date. Life will just be complete then. So I'll take that condition and hopefully you don't mean it because of the stuff we have been through in the past year. I just hope and pray we haven't made it this far for you to walk away over a dress."