Chapter 39

Winter.

Did she really just say that?

"I'll be right back." Mama said getting up from her chair.

Yasss Mama get in that ass since I'm pregnant and don't have and food to back hand her ass with.

"David I don't know what you allow to go on in this house but I won't allow neither me or my daughter to be disrespected by anyone. So you need to get a handle on things or be prepared to never see us again. As a mother I won't have my child or her child in an environment where they aren't respected, no ifs ands or buts. And let me tell you something Michelle, you don't know anything about my family and you have no right to speak on how my daughter was raised. Winter Noelle Ivy Carter is a name you need to keep out of your mouth, understand? Now, you be a good little house dog and stay in your place.

I sat at the table in shock. I was thinking Mama was just going to damn near beat her ass, you know, scare her a little bit but she did way more than that. She put them both in check. Mama in here like she the boss and she pay the bills here. I finished up my food and got ready to go. I know we won't be able to stay here after that. Not that they can put us out but we are going to walk out before it be some shit.

"Let's go Ivy."

"Yes Ma'am."

See I know what I'm talking about. I grabbed my coat from the front closet and put it on with some help from Patricia.

"You can come by the house when ever you want." I said letting her know she is welcome.

"Thank you."

We walked out of the house after Mama and Patricia exchanged goodbyes. When we got in the car I just had to ask.

"You okay?"

"I'm okay. I'm not worried about that animal cracker looking bitch. Back in Mafia I sold copy and paste females like her. I don't know what made her think she could be the Grinch who stole Christmas. Last time I checked Halloween was in October, somebody should have told her she doesn't have to practice all year long."

I was laughing so hard I had to hold my stomach.

"Mama!"

"What? Nobody can say anything about my Ivy or my grandbaby."

I drove us home laughing at Mama who occasionally was mumbling in Italian while she was texting. Just like King, whenever you piss them off be prepared for some hurtful words in a foreign language.

Derrick: You okay?

Me: Yeah.

Derrick: The baby?

Me: She's fine too.

"We are home."

"Good thing too, I was two seconds from telling you to turn us around so I can go slap your father a few times. It's funny how he gets bold over text messages."

That sounds all too familiar. Honestly I wasn't too upset about leaving. I don't want to deal with the family and their disapproving looks and whispers to one another. Not to mention my Aunt Jailee, she says any and everything that comes to her mind. I know that I am supposed to respect my elders and mind my manners in their presence but she is a whole different case. It takes a lot of energy to be around her and not want to kill yourself or her for that matter. So all in all I am okay with being at home this Christmas.

I made my way to my bed and fell in love with my new pregnancy pillow. It was really making it hard to stay conscience.

DirtySouthAug: So I help you and you leave me high and dry?