1

(EDITED)
"Do you want some help son?" Beomgyu's mother asks as Beomgyu heads upstairs with a heavy box in his hands. The older woman was dressed in a long fine dress, jewelry scattered all around her neck and wrist. Her hair was placed neatly in a bun, a diamond clip putting it to place. "No...I'm fine, this isn't much stuff anyways" he responds making his way up the large staircase.

He walks down the hallway until he arrives at his new room. He stops suddenly, starting at the expensive and polished door. Maybe this is better than shouts and screams, maybe this is better than the smell of toxic alcohol and deadly smoke. Beomgyu was trying to convince himself, that this lifestyle was probably going to be better. Not only for him but for his mom as well.

No more beatings or bruises. He looked down at his arms, the old scars lining all throughout his arm. What had gone wrong? For him? For his family? For his father?

"Why do you have to be such a bitch about it?!"

"You fucking cheated! Maybe that's why I have to be such a bitch about it!"

The younger Beomgyu could hear his parents arguing, glass bottles shattering on the floor filled with boiling anger. Beomgyu used to cry hearing his parents arguing each night but now he was only numb on the inside. He didn't flinch when he heard glass and pots breaking during the process. He just laid his head against the cold wall, waiting until he heard the voices lower and a door slam close.

Waiting until he heard the whimper and sobs of his mother. Then he would look out the window until his eyes finally closed dragging him away from reality.

Beomgyu put his hand on the knob and opened the door. The room was fully painted white, the bed cover and the bed frame were white. The furniture and curtains were colored white. The carpet on the floor was also white. He walked inside, the smell of cinnamon strongly hit him.

He placed the box on top of the drawer.

"Hey, Dad wanted me to ask you if you wanted help" Soobin, Beomgyu's stepbrother, says smiling at Beomgyu. The visible dimples appearing on his cheeks. Beomgyu has met Soobin a few times along the dating of their parents.

Soobin was overall a decent guy, he wasn't the selfish picture fuck boy from movies or a spoiled brat. The boy would always go to an adoption center every Friday to hang out with the kids there. But at the same time, Beomgyu still hasn't opened up to the older boy yet, he becomes paranoid when he meets someone new.

"No...I'm fine" Beomgyu says softly. "Well...Dad wanted me to give this to you, to welcome you in the family" Soobin says handing Beomgyu a small box. "Thank you" Beomgyu responds. "No problem...it's nice to have a brother, the house doesn't feel as empty, the maid will bring you your uniform for tomorrow in the morning," Soobin says.

"Okay thank you" Beomgyu answers as Soobin throws him a smile and walks down the hallway. Leaving Beomgyu alone in the room.

Beomgyu sighs as he looks down at the black box in his hands. The black paint of the box was peeling off in the rough edges, it was quite light. He placed the box on top of his desk and opened his closet. The emptiness filled the quiet and plain room.

There stood a jacket that had a school logo on it. A pair of polished black shoes were placed on the bottom.

Then a soft knock came from his door, closing his closet and turning his attention to the visitor. His mother.

"How are you adjusting?" She says the elegance surrounding her. And for a long time there stood a smile on her face, the smile that disappeared during the dreadful times. But it was twinkling for the renewed life.

"Just fine" Beomgyu responds turning his attention to the window. His mother was happy now, she deserved someone better and she got that. But why wasn't he happy?

"We will go through this together...okay? We finally get a chance to live better and in a safer environment, and you will be able to get a better education" She says grabbing his shoulder. "Something he couldn't give us," she says softly. Unbearable.

They both looked out the window that leads to the backyard. The garden blossomed with glowing and bright colors that lightened the entire place. The roses the color of blood and thin white milk.

"I'm going to go check on your father, you will be attending your new school tomorrow. So get ready for that, I love you" She says planting a kiss on his forehead before leaving the room. Beomgyu could hear the door close as he continued to stare outside.

Everything seems too perfect, almost way too perfect. This whole place was built to be beautiful and perfect, every wooden floor stood polished and clean. No dust was seen in any corner of the room, not even a small break or leak was seen. His new father and brother were both perfect...handsome, organized, and hardworking.

He was nothing like that, he was the black sheep in the colony of white and perfect sheeps. He was not even close to what they were, and he will probably never be. He was unattractive and unorganized, leaving a mess everywhere he went. He didn't belong here.
__________