25

(UNEDITED)
Ever since that day, Taehyun has been taking care of Beomgyu from far away since Yeonjun would always stick with the boy. Taehyun hated how Soobin didn't know about Beomgyu's problems at school and it pissed him off at how stupid he can be sometimes.

The boy also hated how close Yeonjun was to the older boy. He would always feel an unfamiliar feeling of anger wash over him every time he would see Yeonjun being touchy and caring to the boy. Taehyun would always leave drinks and snacks on Beomgyu's desk every morning before going to his classroom, or he would leave medicine for his still healing wounds.

"Hey, Taehyun! It's almost Valentine's Day next week, who are you asking?" Kai asks sitting down next to Taehyun while placing some books down in front of him. Taehyun looks up at the younger boy and notices that he was biting the skin of his thumb while daydreaming.

"I don't know," Taehyun says picking up his pen and looking back at the textbook that laid in front of him. "What do you mean 'i don't know' there are so many people that like you and you say that?" Kai says opening his own notebook and taking out a pencil from his bag.

"I just don't like anyone right now" Taehyun replies scrambling on his paper for Kai to stop distracting him. The younger boy looks at the older boy with an emotionless expression as he slowly looks down at his paper.

"Heesueng got suspended for 3 days, he will be back next week," Kai says not bothering to look at his friend since the boy seemed uninterested in him. Taehyun closed his textbook and stood up, "I'm going to the bathroom" he says before leaving Kai alone and heading to the bathroom down the hallway.

The boy walks into the men's washroom and walks towards the sink turning it on and washing his hands under the cold water. He felt extremely hot for some reason but he couldn't identify why, he felt annoyed quickly but couldn't describe his mood swings. Maybe it was the stress that was starting to hit him since finals were coming up and the management of the orphanage.

Taehyun pats his neck with the cold water just as one of the toilets flush and Yeonjun comes out of the stall, the scent of weed entering his nose. Yeonjun and Taehyun might have athletes but that didn't mean that they were aware of their health, almost everyone in the team did it and drug tests didn't occur often. Even if someone did get caught their parents would just handle the situation offering the school money to keep it hidden to conserve their reputation.

Taehyun wouldn't do it as often but occasionally when he felt like it.

Yeonjun continues to the sink next to Taehyun and washes his hands without even glancing at Taehyun. It was obvious he was halfway out of his right mind at the moment but he was still able to manage to wash his own hands perfectly fine. Yeonjun suddenly turns towards Taehyun, "what were you doing in his room the other day?" he asks his eyes slightly red.

"nothing" Taehyun replies turning off the sink.

Yeonjun hits the boy's shoulder shoving him a bit causing Taehyun to glare at the boy. "what the fuck is wrong with you?" Taehyun asks his eyebrows frowning, Yeonjun ignores his question while laying his hand on the sink top. "What do you mean nothing?" because from what I see it's not 'nothing'" Yeonjun says pointing his finger towards the boy.

"What do you want to hear then?" Taehyun asks shoving the boy back against the wall. Yeonjun rolls his eyes and tightens his jaw, "the truth, I want to hear the fucking truth Taehyun" The older boy says his eyes becoming deeper by the second.

The younger boy stays silent as he can only look at the boy in front of him with an unknown expression. He wanted to tell the boy about his feelings for Beomgyu but he was afraid that Yeonjun also had the same feelings for the boy. Yeonjun might get on his nerves sometimes but he was still his friend, he didn't want to hurt the older boy.

"Or do you want to hear my truth first? My feelings for him are sincere" Yeonjun interrupts before Taehyun can respond. Taehyun was awfully correct this time, what he didn't want to happen occurred already.

"Who told you mine weren't?" Taehyun replies his throat turning dry and clogged.

Yeonjun clearly becomes uncomfortable and annoyed as he dries his hands on his uniform pants. "We will see about that" Yeonjun says brushing his shoulder against Taehyun as he leaves the bathroom. Taehyun clenches his jaw as he looks at himself in the mirror before leaving the bathroom as well.

He buys a few drinks and returns to the library where Kai sat waiting patiently for him to come back. Taehyun hands the younger boy a drink and sits back down opening his notebook. "What wrong?" Kai asks noticing how Taehyun's mood changed from reserved to irritated. "Nothing" Taehyun answers cutting off any more questions that the younger boy had. Kai becomes quiet and just watches the boy study while also working on his own paper.

-----

Yeonjun walks by the plaza center trying to find something to give to Beomgyu for valentines day that was just around the corner. There were a lot of things like accessories, clothes, books, candles, keychains, shoes, etc. Just looking at so many things causes Yeonjun's head to become heavy.

He really didn't like buying stuff since he wanted to save his money to go to college which seemed quite stupid considering his parents offered to pay and he has many scholarships in multiple schools that want him. Either way, he still didn't want to accept his parent's money since he never considered it his but instead theirs.

Yeonjun wanted to work on his own account instead of relying on his parents to buy him whatever he wanted like other kids at school. Finally, after hours of walking around, he noticed a perfect gift that he thought Beomgyu would like. He walks into the store and examines the item before finally making his mind up and purchasing it. Yeonjun leaves the store with a proud smile on his face eyeing the item even more.

__________
Sorry for any grammar mistakes that you might encounter while reading this hehe

Anyways thank you for always supporting this book and me as an author. Please give your feedback because that's the way I can grow as an individual and get better at writing.

Also thank you for commenting I really enjoy reading your comments and thoughts!

Love y'all <3