40

(UNEDITED)
Taehyun took Beomgyu by the hand leading him down the trail that they would take every year they would come visit the kids in the orphanage. The path that connected the younger boy with his mother and brother. The couple reached the graveyards while Beomgyy places some new fresh bouquet of flowers between the stones.

The sky today was clear and the sun was shining brightly revealing the blooming flowers and greenery plants that grew from the roots to the leaves that exposed themselves.

Taehyun holds the older boy's hand turning to smile at the boy.

"You know...my mother used to tell me if I find someone I love to never let that person go," Taehyun says looking at his mother's gravestone. There was a bit of silence before Taehyun opened his mouth, "maybe I should take her advice" the younger boy says before looking over at his boyfriend who looked at him with a confused expression.

Taehyun places his hand in his pocket as he kneels down on the floor. The boy takes out a small black box and opens it revealing a silver ring with a small crystal diamond in the middle to decorate the ring. Beomgyu froze in spot as he looked down at his boyfriend.

"I don't need anything else in this life except have you by my side hyung," Taehyun says holding onto Beomgyu's warm hand. "I know I'm not perfect and I made mistakes in the past, but I really want to start over again but this time with you".

Beomgyu felt his throat hitch looking down at Taehyun's brown forest eyes. "We are still young, we might still make mistakes and regret it but I promise I won't ever make you regret this. So Beomgyu, I'm asking you to marry me and be with me for the rest of my life" Taehyun continues.

Beomgyu kneels down in front of the boy and takes his hand, "as long as I spend the rest of my years with you" the older boy says with a soft smile. Taehyun takes in the ring with shaky hands and places the silver jewelry on Beomgyu's ring finger. Beomgyu leans closer and places a small kiss on the younger boy's lips.

"I love you," Beomgyu says.

"I love you too hyung" Taehyun replies pulling the boy into a hug.

There was a sudden pop in the background causing Beomgyu to flinch and look back at his whole family standing afar watching the couple. Confetti fell from the sky settling along the grass and trail. It was comforting to see his father standing among his mother and stepfather. Soobin and Yeonjun were also there with smiles on their faces.

His mother ran up to Beomgyu and pulled him into a tight embrace. "Congratulations my son," the older woman says almost in tears. The younger boy gives his mother a warm smile before pulling her back into a hug. Mrs.Choi holds Taehyun's arm and pulls him into a hug. "I finally have another son" she jokes causing laughs to surface.

Beomgyu's mother pulls him aside towards his father who welcomed him and congratulated him with a homely hug. Taehyun stayed behind before turning towards the two gravestones that stood in front of him. "I finally found the person, mother" Taehyun comments smiling.

"If only you guys were here, with dad," Taehyun says tracing off while touching his brother's grave. The younger boy continues to stare at the stones that were concealed against the ground that held onto them. He could hear the small chatter and laughter in the background.

"congratulations son"

Taehyun turned around and was met with his father standing behind him, holding on a bouquet of white roses. The younger boy quickly stands up and steps back, "why are you here?", the boy asks.

His father was a bit hesitant about his actions so he held himself firm. "Mr.Choi invited me," Mr.Kang says looking at the ground in front of him before looking back at the gravestones that stood behind Taehyun.