33

(UNEDITED)
Beomgyu walked down the stairs and headed towards the kitchen when he heard ruffling and snapping.

The younger boy noticed Soobin on the kitchen counter struggling to fold wrapping paper around a small box. "What are you doing?" Beomgyu asks confused about why Soobin was wrapping a gift.

"I'm making a present for Taehyun," Soobin says the sweat visible on his forehead due to the pressure he was feeling from wrapping the small gift up. "For what?"

"It's his birthday" Soobin responds finally getting one side folded just how he wanted it. Beomgyu felt surprised to find out that it was Taehyun's birthday. "It's his birthday today?" Beomgyu asks scratching his hair. Soobin nods folding up the remaining pieces before admiring his work. "Did he not tell you?" the older boy asks looking up at his brother.

Beomgyu shakes his head quite disappointed. "He doesn't mention it, he doesn't even celebrate his birthday. I just decided to make him a present this year" Soobin says starting at the wrapped gift in front of him. "How come?" Beomgyu asks.

"His parents died on his birthday, it must be a reminder when he celebrates I guess," Soobin says his voice becoming lower and more cautious. Beomgyu bites the inside of his mouth when he notices how this day felt so sad. It must always be a reminder every day it passes for Taehyun. "Can you take him out for some hours today?" Beomgyu asks an idea suddenly appearing on his head. His older brother looked confused and opened his mouth to ask why but Beomgyu quickly stopped him, "just do it, I have to do something".

Soobin nods his head grabbing his keys next to him. "Just don't make it so big, he still needs to adjust to this day," the older boy says grabbing the gift already knowing what the younger boy wanted to do. "Give this to him for me, for whatever you are doing," Soobin says giving Beomgyu the small box. Beomgyu nodded his head.

"Also...I wanted to say sorry for that day I completely exploded." Soobin says apologizing for his mistake. Beomgyu gives him a small smile, "it's okay, we can always talk about it later" the younger boy says. Soobin nods his head before heading upstairs to fetch Taehyun who was probably still sleeping. Beomgyu hides the box behind the counter and grabs his phone.

-----

Taehyun walks inside the house, his legs tired from Soobin dragging him around the shopping plaza all day. "Oh shit, I forgot I have to go meet someone, goodbye!" Soobin says before shutting the front door and running away towards his car. Taehyun rolls his eyes while taking off his shoes and walking up the stairs towards Beomgyu's room. He hoped that the older boy would be home by now since Soobin said that he had an appointment to take care of which explained why the three of them couldn't go to the plaza together.

"Beomgyu..."Taehyun says opening the bedroom door. The room was dark which made the boy feel sad that Beomgyu was not here yet. The boy let out a sigh and reached to turn on the lights before out of nowhere string lights turned on which make Taehyun flinch slightly before he saw Beomgyu smiling at him while carrying a cake with candle lights. "Happy birthday Taehyun," Beomgyu says softly. Behind the boy stood balloons and more decorative lights spelling out "Happy Birthday". The older boy walks closer while holding up the cake towards Taehyun who hasn't moved a muscle.

"I hope this day can be replaced with better memories for you," Beomgyu says quietly. Taehyun's eyes started to tear up as he looked at his boyfriend who stood in front of him. "I'm here beside you" the older boy added while trying to control his own emotions to not cry. Taehyun started crying which caused the older boy to place the cake down and quickly wipe the boy's tears away from his face. "Don't cry" Beomgyu says pulling the boy in an embrace.

The quietness was filled with quiet sobs coming from Taehyun as he cried into his boyfriend's shoulder. The older boy tried to control his own emotions but it was hard when he felt the wetness from Taehyun's tears.

"You won't be alone ever again, I promise you that" Beomgyu whispers while running his hand through Taehyun's locks. The boy knew it was hard for him, so it was better to give him some time to slowly make him forget about the miserably of this day. Taehyun picked up his head while Beomgyu wipes the fallen tears from his cheek while placing a small kiss on his lips to comfort the boy.

"Please don't go away," Taehyun says sniffling through his words.

"I won't," Beomgyu says brushing Taehyun's hair away from his face.

Beomgyu presses his lips against Taehyun's, who holds onto the older boy closer. The older boy breaks the kiss and continues to hold the boy in a hug to calm him down a bit more. Beomgyu pulls away and holds the younger boy's face in his hands while softly patting the tears away using his sleeves.

"Blow the candles, before we start a fire," Beomgyu says making Taehyun let out a small chuckle. Beomgyu pulls Taehyun's arm moving him closer to the cake.

Taehyun closes his eyes thinking about the only wish he could possibly ask for. There was only one person in this place that mattered more than everything and he didn't want them to leave him. The boy opens his eyes and blows softly making the fire vanish and causing a strain of smoke to float and disappear in the air. The younger boy looks over at the older boy and smiles, "thank you hyung" Taehyun says.

Beomgyu kisses his forehead while smiling back.

"Take a bite from the cake," Beomgyu says leaning towards the white frosted cake. Taehyun laughs knowing what Beomgyu was trying to do, "I know what you are trying to do" Taehyun chuckles. "Let's just eat it then," Beomgyu says pouting that the younger boy didn't want to bite the cake.

"Okay then," Taehyun says grabbing the fork next to the cake and slicing a piece of the cake and placing it in his mouth in a messy way for frosting to cover his lips. Taehyun pulls the boy closer and pulls him in a deep kiss before pulling back and watching Beomgyu's expression.

"Taehyun, you got it all over me," Beomgyu says lightly hitting the boy's shoulder before grabbing a napkin and wiping the frosting on his lips. Taehyun stops him and pulls his body closer, "but it tastes better like this" the younger boy says leaning forward and licking the frosting from the boy's face. This action caused Beomgyu to start blushing as he completely froze.

Taehyun leaned forward again and kissed the boy's lips wiping the frosting from his lips, Beomgyu couldn't help but follow along tasting the delicious frosting along with Taehyun's sweet lips.
__________
Today's isn't so great, is it?

I hope Mashiho and Yedam come back soon for us to see them again even if that means without the group :(

Any Teumes here? Giving you guys all a big hug <3