18

(UNEDITED)
Beomgyu stares at the note in his hands his eyes scanning the words written in black ink across the small piece of paper. It was neatly written almost like the person who wrote it took their time to spell out each letter perfectly.

"Did you fall from the sky? Was it because the stars and moon were jealous you looked too precious and beautiful compared to them?"

Beomgyu could almost feel his heart beating softly against his chest. He received the first letter when Yeonjun was around...could it have been him? He wasn't sure how to feel about this, Yeonjun openly hung out with him despite what other people said.

But why him? Yeonjun was a handsome guy, well-mannered, friendly, and charming. He could have anyone but why him? He didn't have anything to offer to the boy, he wasn't attractive or alluring. He wasn't anything from above, he was just...average.

Beomgyu wasn't sure what he felt towards the older boy, he could possibly give him a chance but he wasn't sure if doing that might give him a chance to catch feelings for the older boy.

There is a soft knock on the door causing Beomgyu to flinch. The younger boy quickly hides the note under his pillow as the door opens.

"Hey, Beomgyu, I wanted to ask if you wanted to come with dad and me to the orphanage? We just play around with the kids and give them new clothes and toys" Soobin asks playing with the doorknob by twisting back and forward. It was still a bright morning and there wasn't school today so maybe doing something for the day would be better than just laying around at home doing nothing.

"Yeah, sure" Beomgyu responds smiling.

Soobin smiles, "okay, we will be loading up all the stuff, we will wait for you," he says closing the door and leaving Beomgyu alone in the room once again. The boy stood up and changed his clothes and headed downstairs to meet up with Soobin and his stepfather. A smile climbs on the older man as he picks up a box, "good morning Beomgyu, I'm happy to see you will be joining us. Come help us load okay?" Joong-ki asks.

Beomgyu nods his head going over and grabbing a large box. This was the first time Beomgyu was seeing the older man in just casual clothing, he would almost be in a suit ready to head to work. It was quite refreshing to see this new look.

Beomgyu put his knee up and pulled the box against his chest feeling the weight beneath his hands. He walked outside and was met with a big black van, Soobin was loading in the stuff when he noticed Beomgyu who seemed capable but was still having a hard time.

"I got it," Soobin says smiling and grabbing the heavy box from Beomgyu and loading it in the trunk. After some more trips, they finally get all the boxes into the car.

"Oh...Beomgyu, you don't mind if my friend joins us right?"

"What friend?"

"Taehyun"

Beomgyu could feel his heart stop beating as he heard the name. For some reason, he was unsure why this boy had just a big effect on him. He felt his voice crack as he opened his mouth to say something in response.

"Y- yeah sure"

Just as he said those words a grey car pulls up in the driveway. He wasn't sure what kind of car it was but it looked quite expensive. The car door opens and Taehyun steps out closing the door behind him while carrying his bag. "Oh...Taehyun you finally arrived, it's great to see you" Joong-ki says hugging the younger boy in a welcoming way.

"Good morning, Mr.Choi," Taehyun says showing his pearly whites.

"We are just about to leave," The older man says chuckling. "We don't have much time left dad, let's go," Soobin says interrupting the interaction. They all get into the car and finally after a few long minutes head out. Beomgyu sat in the back seat along with Taehyun while Yeonjun and his dad sat in the front.

Beomgyu made sure to sit at the far end because he didn't want Taehyun to feel uncomfortable because of him. Taehyun shared a confused looked but ignored the older boy's actions and just looked out the window.

They drove down the long highway to the orphanage.

-----

The drive was long they were slowly getting closer to the destination. Taehyun had fallen asleep laying his head on the cold window while Beomgyu was scrolling through his phone looking at the posts of different students at school. Soobin had also passed out due to soccer practice and not sleeping.

Suddenly there is a speed bump and Taehyun's head slides to the other side towards Beomgyu. Beomgyu drops his phone as he quickly reaches out to Taehyun and catches his head from falling into the seat and becoming uncomfortable. The boy didn't really know what to do so he froze as he held Taehyun's head up, he was surprised that the boy didn't wake up yet.

Beomgyu unlocks his seatbelt and moves to the middle seat placing Taehyun's head on his shoulder. He grabs his phone and continues to scroll down his page while giving Taehyun several glances. Beomgyu couldn't deny that the boy looked handsome, it was hard to keep his eyes away from the boy.

"Honey, watch out!"

Everything occurred so fast, Taehyun remembered seeing a bright light from up ahead before everything went dark. The loud sounds around him were ringing in his ear.

He felt pain all over his body as he regained consciousness. His head was throbbing as he opened his eyes, he could feel the small raindrops fall down on him. The thunder sounds in the background as he groaned.

Beomgyu felt Taehyun flinch as the younger boy grabbed his hand tightly. The boy was confused but he just assumed that Taehyun was having a nightmare or something so he let the boy hold onto him. Beomgyu caressed Taehyun's hand softly in hopes that he can comfort the unconscious boy, or who he thought was unconscious until he heard a delicate voice.

"Thank you..."

Beomgyu felt his face heat up but Taehyun didn't move and just continued to lay his head on the older's shoulder. The boy let out a small hum embarrassed to even say anything. They just stayed like that until the end of the ride.

Hand in hand...
__________

I finally got rid of the writer's block hehe

Sorry for any grammar errors.

Also thank you so much for reading and commenting, your comments always light me up <3

See y'all later!