8

(EDITED)
All the boys were in the field today, getting ready for their tournament for tomorrow. Their coach was being extremely strict and placing extra pressure on them to do their best.

They were all sweating at this point, their legs were breaking down and about to give up at any moment as they ran across the large green field.

There were shouts and orders thrown around the thin atmosphere. Everyone seems to be annoyed by not being perfect and overworking their sore muscles.

"Yeonjun! I'm free!" Taehyun shouts across the field to grab Yeonjun's attention since he had the ball. Yeonjun could feel every joint and bone in his body starting to shut down as he quickly ran and kicked the ball towards Taehyun who reacted fast and ran forward towards the goal with the ball between his feet.

Taehyun kicks the ball but loses his balance and aims wrongly causing the goalie to block the goal. There are some loud groans thrown across the field as Taehyun lowers his head and ruffles his hair in frustration. He sighs as he gets up and brushes the grass strands off of him.

His knees were badly scraped and his legs were becoming increasingly sore as every minute passed by.

The coach blows on his whistle beginning a new game. Taehyun runs towards his spot and watches as the ball goes to Soobin, the boy aims the ball to the goal and places a score. The team wouldn't expect less of the team's best player. The golden star of the team.

The game goes on and the ball eventually gets back to Soobin, the older boy passes the soccer ball to Yeonjun who quickly runs forward but is quickly blocked.

Taehyun takes this chance to call Yeonjun to kick the ball towards him.

"Hyung! I'm open!"

Yeonjun seems to not hear him so the younger boy calls out for him again, the boy glances at him and even makes eye contact but doesn't take in notice the presence of the boy. Yeonjun dodges the boy in front of him and runs forward aiming at the goal, he kicks the ball shooting towards the net.

But Yeonjun was too far away and misses the chance to score.

Taehyun walks towards Yeonjun, "didn't you hear me? I was open but you just ignored me" Taehyun complains. The older boy turns to look at him with a blank expression on his pale and sweaty face.

"Sorry... I didn't see you" Yeonjun says walking forwards to regain the score of the team but Taehyun is quick to push his shoulder pulling him back. "You didn't see me?" Taehyun asks sarcastically with an eyebrow raised.

"Look Taehy-"

"No, what I'm getting from here is that you think I'm the team's weak link. You looked directly at me but decided not to even pass the ball hyung" Taehyun says.

"Taehyun, I didn't mean it in that way" Yeonjun responds putting his hands up.

"What do you mean you didn't mean it that way? You didn't fucking pass the ball" Taehyun answers back with more aggression in his voice.

"Can you stop being such a dick?" Yeonjun asks clear annoyance written on his face. Taehyun can only scoff at the insult.

"I'm the dick now? You are so immature hyung, you can get dick once you learn how to pass the fucking ball"

Yeonjun grabs Taehyun's t-shirt with tight fists. "Don't fucking say that, you can't even aim dickhead"

The two boys kept fighting throwing insults at each other to the point where the team realized that they weren't playing around and we're starting to get physical with each other. Soobin had to separate the two boys who were almost pulling blood out of each other.

"Get a grip! Both of you" Soobin says shoving them farther away from each other. Yeonjun and Taehyun had to be held back by some of their teammates because they seemed like they wanted to grab their necks and chock each other to death.

"We have a tournament tomorrow and I'm not pulling up with this shit" Soobin comments glaring at the two angry boys.

"If you don't control yourself, I will not let you play for tomorrow's game, and I know how important it is for both of you" Soobin adds on. Taehyun brushes off the guy holding him. He looks towards Yeonjun and then back at Soobin. "You don't have to let me play anymore, because I quit the team" Taehyun announces.

"Wait Taehyun you cant quit the team just yet, we have a tournament tomo-"

Taehyun turns around walking away from the field and back to the locker room. He didn't even want to hear the rest of that sentence. He could hear the whistle being blown once again signaling a new game, clearly, he wasn't important in the game anymore. They didn't care if he played for not.

Taehyun grabs his bag and walks out tracing his steps back to his car ready to leave this hell place.

Until he stops in his tracks when a guy stands in front of him. He could feel his breathing slow down as he glances at the boy's face who had a new and raw cut on his cheekbone. "Do you know where Soobin is? I tried calling him but he didn't pick up" Beomgyu asks lowering his head.

Taehyun tilts his head, his eyebrows knitting together.

"He is on the field, just wait until practice is over, or do you want me to drive you instead?" Taehyun says offering a lift to Beomgyu who awkwardly stood in front of him.

"Ah...no it's fine" Beomgyu answers shaking his hand.

Taehyun digs into his pocket and finally finds a small cream bottle. He holds it up but hesitates on how to give it to the boy since he wasn't looking at him but instead down. Without much thought, Taehyun grabs Beomgyu's hand.

The older boy flinches but Taehyun had a stable grip on the other boy's hand so he didn't let go. Taehyun places the small bottle in Beomgyu's hand.

"Its used for bruises and cuts, I don't really think your brother would want to see you like this" Taehyun says softly. After hearing these words Beomgyu finally lifts his head while staring at Taehyun. The boys stood like this for a few long seconds staring at each other with their hands still held on by one another.

Beomgyu had to admit that glancing at these boys' eyes was memorizing. The first act of kindness that was shown to him on the school grounds. Everyone ignored and avoided him like he was some type of infectious disease. But this was the first time anyone was willing to touch him at all.

"Hey, Beomgyu!"

Taehyun quickly backs up and lets go of the younger boy turning his gaze towards the boy running towards them. It was Soobin who looked like he just got run over twice by a truck, dirt was all over his face and shirt.

"I will see you late bye," Taehyun says bowing and quickly walking away before Soobin reached them. Before Beomgyu knew it Taehyun was long gone and vanished completely.

"What were you two talking about?" Soobin asks once he reaches Beomgyu. Beomgyu lowers his head quickly to not let Soobin see his damaged face.

"oh nothing," Beomgyu says placing the cream in his pocket.

"Shall we go now?" Beomgyu asks looking towards Soobin's car that was in the far distance.

__________