22

(UNEDITED)
It was the afternoon already and Soobin walked upstairs in hopes that Beomgyu was already home to borrow his charger because he unexpectedly lost his during practice. He was quite annoyed since Taehyun and Yeonjun had ditched practice for some unknown reason.

Soobin gets to Beomgyu's door and knocks on the door but doesn't get any response.

"Beomgyu? Are you there?" Soobin asks but is just met with complete silence. He slowly nudges on the doorknob, he knew he shouldn't intrude into Beomgyu's space and privacy but he needed to charge his phone to call the coach about the absences. Soobin turns the doorknob and walks into the empty room, he looks around and walks towards the nightstand to see if the charger was there.

Soobin hesitantly opens the drawers and finds some bandages and some bruise cream. "Why is this here?" The older boy asks, he has noticed that the younger boy had many bandages around his whole body but when he would ask, Beomgyu would always respond with that he fell. So Soobin just blamed it on his clumsiness

Soobin shuts the drawer and looks behind the drawer and notices the charger string leading under the boy's pillow. The boy lets out a noise of satisfaction and moves the pillow where he finds the charger. But he also sees a small piece of paper, he reaches out his hand but hesitates for a second.

It might be important to Beomgyu since it was under his pillow, but the curiosity won over the logic of Soobin's brain so he grabbed it and flipped it over where there were written words.

Soobin's eyebrows frowned as he read the note.

The handwriting looked so familiar but he couldn't decipher who was the owner of this writing. Soobin looked up and tried to find out who was getting so close to his stepbrother. A face almost appeared instantly.

Yeonjun.

He had noticed that the boy has been stuck to Beomgyu at school when he would pass them in the hallways. Soobin felt so stupid that he didn't notice it sooner, he felt unsure and quite...mad? It was a confusing feeling that soaked him. Yeonjun was flirting with his brother? It just didn't feel right, to be honest.

Soobin takes the note and stuffs it in his pocket and grabs the charger and leaves the room. Why did it have to be Yeonjun of all the people?

Soobin walks to his room and charges his phone and looks out the window just in time to see Beomgyu and Yeonjun walking through the house gates. The older boy walks out of his room and quickly heads downstairs in a furious manner. First, the boy had ditched practice just to hang out with Beomgyu?

Soobin opens the door just in time as the pair have walked up the stairs. Yeonjun's face instantly drops and he lets out an awkward hi, "get in Beomgyu, we need to discuss something" Soobin says seriously which causes the younger boy to feel worried and concerned since Soobin has never used this tone with him. 

Beomgyu walks in after saying goodbye to Yeonjun. Soobin sends the older boy a glare which causes Yeonjun to feel a shiver run down his spine, "we will talk later" he says and closes the door.

"Is something wrong?" Beomgyu asks his eyes becoming full of questions.

Soobin digs into his pocket and pulls out the letter, he holds it up to show the younger boy. "What is this?" Soobin asks raising an eyebrow and with a stern voice. Beomgyu frowns and quickly reaches for the piece of paper but the older boy pulls it away before he can grab it.

"I'm asking you a question, Beomgyu," Soobin says coldly his eyes turning into a dark color.

"Where did you get that?" Beomgyu says his voice also changing.

"It's from Yeonjun, isn't it?" Soobin asks ignoring his step brothers question. Beomgyu stays quiet by the older's comment which causes the boy to think that he was right. "I don't want you near him, or see you close to him ever again," Soobin says pointing his finger at Beomgyu to get him to understand.

"And why should I listen to you? What is so wrong with Yeonjun?" Beomgyu states back with a harsh tone.

Soobin is taken back by these words, the younger boy did have a point. What was so bad about Yeonjun? There was nothing wrong and no reason to pull Beomgyu away from Yeonjun. But it just felt wrong. Soobin was lost for words before the boy snatches the paper from his hand and glares at him.

"And have you ever heard of privacy?" Beomgyu claims angrily before turning his back on the boy and walking up the stairs towards his room. Soobin is left alone in the his mind has seem to have left this earth and come back ten seconds later not in the proper state. The boy walks up stairs his head still dazed and into his room where he sits down on the bed. His eyes linger on the wall plastered with posters of his favorite singers and groups.

Until they reach a photo of Soobin when he was much younger, his arm around a boy almost the same age as him. They were both smiling widely, the smiles that held joyful memories.

Soobin runs across the yard, a pout pasted on his face. Tears were engulfing his eyes and were threatening to crash down his chubby cheeks. "Hyung!" The small boy cried out when he finally spotted the other boy playing around with a soccer ball. Almost instantly did the older boy looked over and concern washed down his face as he saw the state of the younger boy.

Soobin looked like he just fought a bear in the woods and unfortunately lost. The older boy ran up to the crying boy and quickly grabbed his forearm, "what happened Soobin?" the boy asked with a frown on his face.

Soobin was a sobbing mess as he wiped his tears with his sweater sleeve, he couldn't even respond. "Don't do that, you will make it worse" Yeonjun says digging into his pocket and pulling out a small pack of wipes. The boy gently wipes the tears of the little boy making sure he didn't leave an irritation that might bother Soobin.

"hyung, t-these boys pushed m-me on the sidewalk and make me scrap my knee" Soobin cries out causing the boy to look down at his injured knee. Yeonjun becomes mad when he finds out that someone had pushed his lovely younger friend.

"Come on, let's go get your wound clean," Yeonjun says pushing his anger away and making sure the younger boy was okay first. The next day Yeonjun couldn't say that those bullies were still fine though.

Soobin always had a crush on Yeonjun since they began middle school. In fact, he started noticing his feelings after the older boy had confessed to him during his first year. It took him by surprise and he didn't feel anything for the boy during the time so, he expectedly rejected him.

Yeonjun wasn't mad at him at all. He understood easily and Soobin had thought that he moved on quickly. They remained as friends until Soobin started feeling jealous every time Yeonjun would hang out with his friends more, or when he was dating someone. It hurt watching the boy in love but he couldn't do anything, after all, he was the one who rejected him in the first place.

So Soobin had always hidden his feelings towards the boy until their senior year. Almost seven years already.

Maybe that's why he reacted in some way, seeing the boy that he loved with his stepbrother made him feel some type of jealousy and anger. He knew he shouldn't act like this and move on, but...

He couldn't.
__________
Sorry for any grammar mistakes :)) I always write these half asleep