31

(UNEDITED)
"Hey, Taehyun can I talk to you for a sec?" Soobin asks just when Taehyun and Beomgyu were walking down the stairs.

Beomgyu shoved Taehyun towards the older boy when he noticed that the boy was frozen in the spot. Taehyun awkwardly brushed his neck before walking towards Soobin but not before looking back at Beomgyu who just smiled at him. "I'm going to be waiting outside," Beomgyu says before walking out of the house leaving the two boys alone.

"Come here," Soobin says pulling a chair for Taehyun to sit on. The younger boy follows the captain's order and sits down adjusting his chair. Taehyun was internally panicking because Soobin might have noticed that something was going on with him and Beomgyu.

"I just wanted to thank you for what you did for Beomgyu," Soobin says with a soft smile. "I'm going to tell my father to try to convince Mr.Kim to not suspend you" the boy adds on letting out a chuckle. Taehyun smiles back at the boy, "Thanks" the younger boy says.

"Do you think your parents will mind me staying over for a few days?" Taehyun asks hesitantly. Soobin places his hand on the boy's shoulder, "they won't mind at all, stay for as many days as you want" Soobin tells.

"Also, take care of Beomgyu," Soobin says winking before patting the boy's shoulder. The comment made Taehyun feel shy as he could only smile at the athletic boy. "Enjoy," Soobin says nudging his head towards the front door. Taehyun embraces the older boy with all his strength before running out the front door where Beomgyu was waiting.

"Let's go shall we?" Taehyun says reaching for the boy's hand and leading him towards the car smiling.

-----

The loud cheers of the crowds sounded in Taehyun's ears as he holds Beomgyu's arm leading him toward a section that wasn't as packed with people. The Valentine's event held the last football game of the season and some after-games which caused everyone to be filled with energy. Everyone had painted hearts on their faces and some wore bright pink and red clothes to express their spirit.

Taehyun cautiously held onto Beomgyu's hand while watching the people running around the field getting ready to start the event. The drums of the band start, causing the crowds to get even more excited just as the football players appeared running from the stands. The pair could feel the trembling in the bleachers as the students were stomping against the metal steps.

The game soon began and all Beomgyu could remember was the shouts and cheers of his school when their team would score a touchdown. The boy didn't really understand anything that was going on or how they played this sport but compared to him Taehyun seemed intrigued. This made Beomgyu calm since he was assured Taehyun would take out whatever was on his mind that worried him. The game soon ended with their school winning and the small games started while students would go down and enter games like; tug of war, mummy wrap, and love games.

Just as the games were ending, people started leaving. The couple got up to leave but the coach of the soccer team called Taehyun over while the older boy said he would wait in the car. "Yes, Coach?" Taehyun asks his voice becoming quiet. "Mr.Kim was telling me how you got into another fight and due to this, I will have to suspend you from the team for a bit," The older man says his voice sounding quite sad. "But I just can't drop one of my best players so I will go convince Mr.Kim to continue to let you play for the team alright?" the man adds with a small smile.

"Thanks, coach," Taehyun says smiling back.

"Enjoy the rest of the night son," the coach says while patting Taehyun's shoulder and turning around leaving the boy in the bleachers. The bleachers were already empty at this point and no one was in sight anymore. Taehyun was making his way towards the stairs leading under the bleachers when he noticed Kai sitting down anxiously.