2

(EDITED)
The alarm ringed as Beomgyu opened his eyes and shut it off. The light that was entering the room was deep blue and dim since it was early in the morning. The boy let out a groan as he sat up looking outside the window the night sky disappearing as the sun was coming out. He then heard a knock on his bedroom door, without much effort he gets up and opens the door.

A housemaid stood in front of him with a smile on her wrinkled face. "You didn't have to get up, you could have just told me to come in young master. Here are your school clothes washed and ironed" She says with a soft voice as she hands them to the young man.

Beomgyu thanks her as she bows quickly and leaves. He closes the door and lays his clothes down on the bed grabbing a towel from his suitcase and walking into the crystal-clean bathroom.

-----

He walks down the stairs holding onto his bookbag, he might have to get used to those flights of stairs because they were tiring already. As the boy was walking down the stairs he could hear some small voices in the dining room.

Beomgyu entered the room and was met with all sorts of plates and dishes on the table, which mainly consisted of waffles, pancakes, and all types of eggs. As well as some bacon and toasted bread.

He could already feel his stomach growl just by the view of the table. "Please sit son" Joong-ki, Beomgyu's stepfather, says smiling at Beomgyu who just stood at the entrance of the dining room. Beomgyu gulped and slowly walked towards the table sitting down, this was irregular for him. Every time he would go to school, he would just grab a granola bar or orange and head off.

Everything felt unusual, he felt out of place as he placed his backpack next to him.

He could only look at the appetizing plates in front of him but felt uncertain if he should go for it. After a few minutes of wandering thinking inside his head, he grabbed his fork and reached over stabbing the waffle with the utensil and placing it on his plate.

Grabbing the bottle of syrup, he poured the viscous liquid on the well-done waffle and started to cut it into pieces. He picked a bit with his fork and placed the warm waffle in his mouth, taking in the savoring taste.

"Is it good?" Beomgyu's mother asks leaning forward as she talks to her son. Beomgyu smiles and nods as a simple answer to her question.

Soobin enters the kitchen with a huge smile on his face as he greets the maids and his father. Beomgyu could never imagine someone this energetic at this early hour of the day. The older boy sits down across from Beomgyu and serves himself a plate of scrambled eggs with bacon.

"Soobin, since Beomgyu is new to the school, why don't you show him around for a bit?" Joong-ki asks gesturing his hand towards the boy who was eating quietly. Soobin knits his eyebrows and pulls his sleeve up revealing the expensive-looking watch on his wrist.

"Umm...yeah, I have a few minutes before my soccer practice," Soobin says looking up. Joong-ki smiles exposing the faint wrinkles on his face. Beomgyu just noticed that this man didn't look like his actual age, probably a few 8 years younger. He wasn't an arrogant man at all like most movies picture middle-aged rich fathers.

The older man took Beomgyu in with open arms, despite the difference between them. When Joong-ki found out that Beomgyu was indeed not straight, he didn't neglect or start criticizing. Something his biological father couldn't do. But instead, Joong-ki would tell Beomgyu, that there was nothing wrong with that and he shouldn't be ashamed of himself.

Beomgyu was thankful for the openness of his stepfather because his real father couldn't even stare at Beomgyu in the eyes after the news was revealed. Telling his son, that he wasn't his son any more or lambasted him in any way or form he was able to.

"Come on Beomgyu, we have to get there early if you want to look around first," Soobin says standing from his chair. Beomgyu quickly stuffs the last piece of soft waffle inside his mouth and stands up.

Soobin walks up to his father and plants a kiss on his father's temple. "Don't work too much old man" Soobin says chuckling. Joong-ki laughs at his son's comment and nods his head. The two boys dismiss themselves from the adults as they walk outside the house and to the fresh open air outside.

Soobin presses a button on his keychain that opened the wide garage door. Beomgyu was amazed at what he saw in front of him, about 5 different cars stood in front of him. They looked so clean and shining, not a single dirt or dust stain stood on the hood of the expensive car.

"Do you have your driving licence yet?" Soobin asks entering the open garage and walking towards the black crystal clean car. "Um...no, I still haven't been able to get it" Soobin answers still shocked at the perfection of the cars.

"I should teach you some time then, get in," Soobin says directing for Beomgyu to get in. Beomgyu could feel his palms sweat as he got inside the black car. The interior was not disappointing at all, it contained black leather seats and a red steering wheel. It was almost like a dream come true inside the car.

Beomgyu softly closes the door and places his seatbelt on.
__________