Get The Balance Right...Part 1

A/N - Just a reminder this is fiction and the details used in the story are made up.  

"I feel like a fairy princess myself!"  Clare declared as she twirled around in a new dress and showed it off to Roger and Brian.  The men smiled widely at how pretty she looked and how happy she seemed.  Emma ran up and began to twirl with her.

"Twirl!"  Emma said with whimsy as they turned around in a circle and giggled.  They finally stopped and Emma went over to Brian in a dizzy fashion.  He reached out for her to steady her.

"Easy there..."  he said to her as she kept giggling.  Roger got up as Clare looked at him intently.

"Thanks for this...it's lovely..."  she told him as she eyed the price tag again.  It was an expensive dress and one she couldn't afford herself.  Roger gave her a tender expression.

"It's no trouble...really...since we were getting Em a dress to be our flower girl...it seemed like you should get a new dress as well..."  he remarked as she kissed her brother's cheek.  

"I appreciate it and since there will be pictures in magazines and such...it's nice to have something fancy..."  she remarked as she took her daughter's hand to return to the dressing room to change out of their new wedding frocks.  Roger sighed with contentment as he sat down next to Brian.  They shared a happy smile as the sales woman approached.  

"Have you decided?"  she asked the men.  Roger pointed at the dressing room door.  

"I think so...they will hand you the dresses..."  Roger informed her.  "Let me know the total..."  he advised.  The women appeared quite pleased as she went to assist her female customers.  

"It feels good to do this for them..."  Brian said to his fiancee.  He stood up from the plush chair and Roger did as well as they went to look at accessories in a large glass case.  

"Clare is right...with the magazine publishing pictures and all the media attention...I'm glad they will both feel properly dressed..."  Roger commented.  

Clare and Emma found shoes to coordinate with their new dresses and Clare spotted a hat she liked.  Emma was wearing flowers in her hair on the day so she didn't need a hat.  Roger insisted they go ahead and pick up some stockings and whatever else they needed for the wedding.  He paid the bill and they all headed out for some lunch.

---------------------------------------

"What is the count?"  Roger questioned as they sat with their wedding planner.  Brian watched Patsy finalize the number and look up at them.

"We're at 148..."  she advised.  Both men wore shocked expressions.  

"How did we end up with so many people on the guest list?"  Brian questioned as he scratched his head.   "I certainly don't know that many people..." he remarked.  Roger gave him a pointed look.

"Neither do I..."  Roger debated.  Now Brian's expression showed disbelief.

"You're a star Roger!'  he reminded his fiancee.  "You've been in the spotlight for almost 10 years..."  he stated.  "Of course you know a lot of people...or at least they know you..."  he specified.  Roger appeared ready to argue the point.  

"I think the real question is whether you want to invite them all..."  Patsy chimed in.  "The venue does accommodate that many...it's just up to you..."  she clarified.    "The cost is per person..."  she stated carefully.  Trying to be mindful about the financial aspect of it and quickly calculating the cost of the reception with the total number of guests.