Life On Mars...

"Where are we going?"  Brian asked as he lowered his head to step into the small jet.  He eyed the cabin and was impressed with the all white interior.  It had a bench style leather couch and three captains chairs that sat opposite.  There was a small counter with a mini fridge and microwave.  He kept moving since Roger was coming up behind him on the stairs.  He stood and his hair almost brushed the ceiling as he quickly took a seat in one of the chairs and watched Roger stand by the counter.  He leaned against it as the pilot boarded.

"I'll just be a few minutes and we can take off.."  the pilot informed Roger.  He got the door to the plane closed and sealed and disappeared into the cockpit and shut the small paneled door.  Brian kept his eyes on Roger.  He had never got an answer.

"Are you going to tell me?"  Brian asked again.  Roger reached down and opened the fridge door and pulled out two bottles of beer and walked over to stand in front of Brian.  He enjoyed the view as he twisted the cap off one of the bottles and handed it to his guest.  Brian accepted it and maintained his curious expression.  Roger got the cap off his own bottle and then held it up t make a toast.

"Here is to a night in Paris!"  Roger announced and Brian's eyes grew big as Roger brought his beer in to connect with Brian's bottle.

"Paris?  Wait!  I don't have a passport!"  Brian cried and felt somewhat panicked as he eyed the sealed plane door and contemplated having to get off the aircraft.  Roger flopped down in the chair next to Brian's and smiled at him.

"It's not a problem Brian.....where we are going...you won't get asked for one...."  he assured him.  Brian wasn't so confident.

"And where exactly is that?"  Brian questioned with doubt as Roger get kept his assured expression.  He took a sip of his beer before he answered.

"It's a private airfield outside of the city...we are simply landing and taking a car to the show and then coming straight back....you're not really visiting..."  Roger informed him.  

"You're sure about this?  Brian asked again.  He only had images of policeman and holding rooms in his head.   It couldn't be this simple.  Could it?

"It's not the first time I've done this...relax!"  Roger told him confidently and leaned over and rubbed Brian's arm.  Brian finally accepted his statement and took a sip of his beer.  It was an expensive German import and it tasted really good.

"Alright...I'll trust you..."  Brian responded and Roger's face showed his relief at hearing this.  Brian noticed Roger hadn't removed his hand from his arm.  Not that it was a big deal or anything.  Between the layers of clothing that separated their skin, it wasn't like he felt his fingers on him.   Did he want to feel his fingers on him?  Brian's brain was jarred by this unexpected thought and he casually shifted in his chair so that Roger's hand slipped away.  

Their moment was interrupted by the sensation of the plane beginning to move.  Brian hurriedly sat his beer in a holder on the small table next to him and scrambled to find the belt for his seat.  He dug under his hip for the buckle and pulled it around as he found the latch and brought it over his lap.  He got is fastened and noted that Roger hadn't moved.  He wasn't securing his own safety belt.

"Aren't you going to fasten your belt?"  Brian asked him and Roger glanced down at his own lap.  He half shrugged and then handled Brian his beer as he lifted his bottom off the seat and took hold of the belt components. 

"I usually don't bother..."  he mumbled as he secured the belt around his stomach and adjusted the strap.  He looked up to find Brian's pleased expression.  Brian returned his beer to him and then held his own up for another toast.  They both felt the plane building speed as they clinked the glass bottles.