In The Church of The Poison Mind...

Roger loved the location and the size of the first flat they saw.  It was in a trendy area and had a great view.  Brian thought it was overpriced and they could get much more for their money in a less popular neighborhood.  They moved on to the next place the agent had to show them.  Brian loved the large kitchen and felt they could make do with the smaller living space and tiny bathroom.  Roger told him he would feel claustrophobic living in this small four room flat.  The third location was somewhere they could both finally agree on.  They both agreed they hated it.

"I can line up some more places...I'll call you tomorrow..."  Hayden, their agent, told them as he dropped them off at Roger's building.  They both went upstairs and Roger headed for the bar as soon as they stepped inside.  He was frustrated.  He couldn't understand why Brian had vetoed the first place they saw.  It was perfectly suited for what Roger wanted and was in a high end area.  He poured himself a glass of whisky and dropped a few cubes of ice in the tumbler.  He watched Brian go to the kitchen and open the refrigerator and pull out the milk.  Boy did Roger feel worlds apart from him right now as he took a sip of his alcoholic beverage.  Whisky and milk didn't really mix well.  

"I can't look at any places tomorrow...remember?"  Brian said as he took his glass of milk and walked to the dining table and took a seat.  Roger decided to meet him halfway and tried to remember what Brian had going on tomorrow.  "I'm seeing my Mum..."  Brian reminded him and Roger nodded understanding.

"I will remind the agent..."  Roger responded as he slid into a chair across from his boyfriend.  "How about I just go alone and make a decision for us?"  he suggested and Brian gave him a concerning look.

"If it was solely up to you we'd already have that first flat we saw today..."  Brian pointed out and Roger detected a little irritation from Brian regarding his suggestion of selecting a place for them.

"And what's wrong with that?"  Roger questioned.  Brian tilted his head in disbelief that it wasn't evident what had been wrong with the high priced loft.

"Uh...I think it had something to do with the price!"  Brian said back in a derogatory manner.  Roger's eyes darkened and his lips pursed.

"You're not paying the rent so what do you care?"  Roger stated and Brian looked aghast at the assumption Roger had made.

"What do you mean I'm not paying any rent?"  he questioned.  "I've got a job and I fully intend to pay for my keep...."  Brian argued.   Roger raised his eyebrows at Brian and tried not to laugh.

"I think I'm in a better position to cover our expenses..."  Roger told him and Brian took offense at the implication he didn't have much money.  

"I know substitute teaching doesn't pay a lot but I plan to contribute something..."  Brian pointed out.  "Once I get a permanent position, I fully intend to pay half of everything...and I'll have a little bit of insurance money..."  

"I can think of a few ways you could earn your keep..."  Roger teased in an attempt to lighten the conversation and he gave Brian a flirtatious grin.  Brian was not amused.  In fact, he was more offended at this than the implication he couldn't contribute.  

"I'm not even going to dignify that with a response..."  Brian shot back and got up from the table.  Roger was taken aback by his reaction.

"I was just kidding..." Roger told him but Brian walked from the table and then wondered where he was supposed to go.  He headed for the stairs and hated that nothing in this place really felt like it was his.  And he began to question if moving in with Roger was the best idea.

It had been a subdued evening and Brian had gone to bed early.  He tossed and turned for a while as he heard Roger watching tv downstairs.  He finally fell asleep and woke up before the alarm clock.  He turned it off and looked over at Roger sleeping next to him.  Brian had a lot on his mind. Most of it he expected on a day like today.  His concern about whether to live with Roger had not been something he anticipated.  With this weighing on his mind he slid out of bed and went to get ready for the day.  A day already filled with mixed emotions and he wasn't even at his family home yet.  Brian wiped his mouth dry and placed his toothbrush in the holder as he heard a noise and realized Roger was awake.  The bathroom door was ajar and Roger tapped on it as it slowly came open.