Always Something There To Remind Me...

"This is Roger Taylor and I Want My MTV!"  

"This is Freddie Mercury and I Want My MTV!"  

Both of them felt a little silly making a promotional clip for the music network but everyone does it...so why not?  After a final take Roger walked over to the side of the studio with the producer and Freddie got seated with JJ Jackson for a short interview about being on the music special.  Roger listened with amusement as Freddie gave his usual clever responses to banal questions.  He had to admit some of the questions were better than other tv programs had offered.

"So Freddie you're releasing your 7th album next month...what should we know about it?"  

"It's fabulous!  That's what you need to know darling!"  Freddie said with a smirk on his face and mirth in his voice.

"What elements can we expect on this record?"  JJ then asked.

"There's a mix to be honest...but I have a couple of dance tracks I think will bode well for the club scene and there's a fantastic ballad on it!"  Freddie was eager for people to hear the new tracks.

"You've never collaborated with another vocalist...are there any duets on this record?"   JJ inquired,

"There is actually!  Michael Jackson and I worked on a song and it's on this album..."

"Is this the new single?"  Freddie took a breath.

"I've got another one lined up as the first single...but the number with Michael might be a future one..."   Freddie answered as he inhaled on his cigarette.

"Did you enjoy working with Michael?  How is it collaborating with another artist?"

"It was a good experience....Michael is a professional..."  Freddie said carefully and avoided wearing too much amusement on his face as he recalled the awkward tension that filled their last day working together.  

"Would you consider working with someone else in the future?"  Freddie looked over at Roger watching from the side and quickly winked at him.

"There is someone I'd love to collaborate with....he's just pressed with commitments at the moment..."  Roger grinned at the reference to Freddie begging him to be on a record.  The timing had never been right.  The Cross had kept him too busy.

"Care to say who that might be?"  JJ pressed him for a name but Freddie remained coy.  

"They know who they are..." he said with a devilish smile.

"So can we expect to hear your new single tonight on the special?" 

"Of course!  Everyone wants something new!"  he replied with flair.  

"I look forward to hearing it....Freddie...thank you for your time...and we will see you tonight..."

"Thank you dear!"