Chapter Twenty - Eight > Blood Cold Turkey

The three of them take a sit at the bar area with Natalia in the middle

The three of them take a sit at the bar area with Natalia in the middle. Both Damon and Stefan has been bickering back and forth about who could possibly have killed Zachariah and Natalia is not in the mood to be on any side so she decide to just be the listener and a bystander. She don't want to be any part of it and will only intervene when it is necessary but to be honest, Natalia is more focus in listening the conversation Rebekah is having with Mayor Lockwood.

Rebekah is trying to find out about an old tree that used to grow here in Mystic Falls. Natalia know very well what tree is she referring and its the white oak tree but what Natalia couldn't understand is why on earth is she asking about that tree now. That tree has been destroyed a thousand years ago and it was Natalia who destroy it. The fact that Rebekah is talking and asking questions about it made her wonder if there is something wrong.

When Esther uses the spell to create immortals which is vampires, mother nature will find a way to make things balance as the balance of nature is very important not to the witches but also to mother nature itself. The way to create balance in nature is by giving a punishment or a price, not just to the witch who cast the spell but also to the immortals. The first price that was given was to the witch and the immortals. After Esther cast the spell, she can no longer bear a child and so does the immortals..

That gift is taken from her as a punishment and as as price for what she has done. The second price is given to the immortals that is called vampire. The price is that vampire can no longer feel the warm and the touch of the sun. The moment their skin is in contact with the sunlight, their skin will burn. For years, the Mikaelson can't go out in the sun and that is why they are called as the creature of the night 1000 years ago.

But, that price is not something that cant be fix by the witches. They find a way to help vampire to walk out in the sun again and feel the warmth from the sunlight that touches their skin. A daylight ring is their solution and the only thing that they need is a witch to cast it and fortunate for them, their mother is a witch and at that time she didn't hate them the way she did right now. For the originals, the sun cant destroy or kill them but it sure will hurt them when their skin is exposed to the sun.