Chapter Nineteen

It's a Small Town

After leaving the City Hall, Sharael headed east. He sauntered along the busy streets; window-shopping. At some instance, he passed near some rented stalls selling various secondhand merchandises ranging from electronics, clothing, footwear, cosmetic products to jewelries; all usually imported from abroad. Upon catching a potential customer in sight, the hawkers would pounce on them like a throng of prostitutes, and sweetly lure them to buy their merchandise.

Sharael would amicably decline and move on. Despite his calm appearance, inside he was seething with indignation. That Mr. Havilundi was an idiot dancing with death. He must've flirted with Lady Luck. Having that arrogant, bald, muscle head in mind he fished out his phone and speed-dialed a certain number.

After three rings, the receiver picked up immediately and answered in a meek feminine voice, "My Lord, how may I be of service?"

"Meet me at the docks in 15." Was all Sharael said emotionlessly and hanged up.

At that moment, the wind picked up suddenly and blew some dust and litter into the air. Sharael shut his eyes reflexively, only to bump into someone by accident. She was some Caucasian woman with auburn hair. She was pretty; however, her unfriendly and peevish look ruined it all. The woman gave him the stink eye before storming off into the apartment building lying across.

"Well, sorry I am not sorry," Sharael grumbled back and left while shaking his head.

*******

"So, here's the Seaview Court Apartments. That would be... 2000k." After parking the car across the street, the male Uber driver rubbernecked at the magnificent tall 10-storey apartment building lying across, then checked the fare on his smartphone app and apprised his customer sat in the back.

"Oh, thank you. Uh, sorry I'm still new to this M-Pesa mobile banking system. Do you accept cash?" His customer was a beautiful Caucasian woman with curly auburn hair. She was none other than FBI Agent Nikita, who took out two 1000 shilling banknotes. She was yet to settle in the country hence was unable to use the adopted foreign mobile banking system here. So, she paid with the local currency changed from US dollars.

"Sure thing sweetheart. You in need of anything else? A tour guide? A traveling partner? Or something else, maybe...?" The Uber driver took the money and flirted through his teeth. Those lewd eyes sized up the FBI Agent hungrily like some slavering hyena.

"Uh, no I'm good." Nikita hid her disgust and rebuffed the guy.

"You sure? I know a pretty chilled place nearby. They have the best local cuisines plus drinks." The Uber driver still persisted with a wink, but Nikita only gave him a plastic smile.

Having packed up light, she only alighted with a single backpack. The driver craned his neck downwards to check her ass and licked his lips. Those tight jeans clung perfectly around her lower half and publicized her sexy curves. Nikita hated drawing such unneeded attention, especially when trying to keep covert. She ignored the 'hyena' in the car and made a direct beeline towards the entrance.

Just then, the blowing wind had her shield her face and blinded her from seeing some guy approach from nowhere. They bumped into each other. Already irritated from earlier, she scowled at him and blurted out insults, but only in thought.

Not wanting to dally there any longer, she stomped off. But not before hearing the jerk mutter under his breath, "Well, sorry I'm not sorry."

The lady at the reception desk was in her late teens. When she saw Nikita, her eyes burned with obvious envy. The tropical heat was a nuisance for most. Fortunately for Nikita, it only served to tan her white skin and furthered her natural beauty. However, the Agent could care less about such triviality.